Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : OPERATIONAL HAZOP STUDY FOR API IN PILOT PLANT
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-3
Abstract – Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) products are innovating in research and development (R&D) in lab scale. By using technology transfer lab scale to processes scale up in pilot plant for validation and commercial production. Compare to lab scale, pilot scale process is differ with mass, energy and handling of raw materials. The process operation is more hazardous and explosive in nature though it is economical and useful for many purposes such as the process operation in pilot plant. A Hazard Operability (HAZOP) study is a structured and systematic examination of a plant process in order to identify and evaluate problem that may represent risk to personal and equipment. In this project hazard and operability studies (HAZOP) approach is applied to find out the hazard and operability problem in process operation. Finally based on the operability problems, suggestion and safety precaution of the pilot plant units are provided.
Keywords— Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients; Hazop; Pilot Plant
- Feng wang, (2012) A novel knowledge data base construction method for operation guidance expert system based on HAZOP analysis and accident analysis “Journal of Loss prevention in the process industry ” vol 25PP 905-915.
- Biswajit Rujet., (2012) “Toxic release of ammonia and off site emergency scenario ” A case study.
- Jinsong Zhaoa., (2009) “Learning HAZOP expert system by case-based reasoning and ontology” Computers and Chemical Engineering Vol 33, PP371 -378.
- Feng wang ., (2009) A Hazard and operability analysis method for the prevention of misoperations in the production of light Magnesium Carbonate.
- S.K Dasal., (2005)” Ammonia leakage from bonnet of a valve in the Bullet – a case study”
- Faisal I. Khan., (2001)” Risk analysis of typical Chemical Industry Using ORA Procedure”.