Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AN EFFECTIVE DRIVER INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR NEW GENERATION AUTOMOBILES
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 19-23
Abstract – An effective driver information system for new generation automobiles is proposed which uses fuel float meter (or gas gauge) is an instrument used to indicate the level of fuel contained in a tank, in our proposed smart driver fuel information system it has been proposed using analog and bar representation for the purpose of fuel level indication. These may also be used for any tank including underground storage tanks. The systems consist of two important circuitry that is for sensing and indication of fuel level. The sensing unit induces simple mechanism of variable resistance for the indication of fuel level decrement in the fuel tank. The sensing unit usually uses a float type sensor to measure the fuel level while the indicator system measures the amount of electric current flowing through the sensing unit and indicates fuel level. There are various techniques to implement sensing and indicating systems. The major indication advancements implemented in the proposed system are No of liters in digital, Past one liter millage, Current trip millage, Buzzer indication for low fuel warning, Continuous buzzer indication fuel level below 3litres, kilometer per liter level indicator, distance travelled indication, instant fuel consumption indication and low fuel level indication for the smart functioning of car without fuel burden.
Keywords— Driver Information System, Float Meter, Fuel Level Sensor, Float Type Sensor
- Reddy BNK (2013), “An efficient online mileage indicator by using sensors for new generation automobiles”. Mylavaram ,India.
- Rashmi R, Mrs. Rukmini Durgale. (2012), “The Novel of Embedded Based Digital Fuel Gauge,” International Conference on Computing and Control Engineering (ICCCE).
- Jaimon Chacko Varghese, Binesh Ellupurayil Balachandran. (2013), “Low Cost Intelligent Real Time Fuel Mileage Indicator for Motorbikes”, (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-2, Issue-5.
- Hojat Ghassemi, Hamidreza Farshi Fasih.(2011), “Application of small size cavitating venturi as flow controller and flow meter”, Science Direct, p.406-412.
- Beaulieu, E. Foucault, P. Braudb, P. Micheaua, P. Szeger.(2011), “A flowmeter for unsteady liquid flow measurements,” Science Direct, p. 131-137, 2011.