Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SMART WHEEL CHAIR
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 48-50
Abstract – About 2.16% of the population is suffering from some disabilities, mainly the disabilities are grouped into five categories. Disability in seeing, in hearing, in speaking, in movement, mental. This paper helps the people who are unable to move like old age people who needs others support to go from one place to another. The idea of the paper is to develop an smart wheelchair based on only hand gesture .Traditional wheel chair have some complications in flexibility, bulky and limited functions. movement of the wheel chair is controlled by PIC microcontroller.
Keywords— Micro-Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), Wheelchair, Gesture Control
- Diksha Goyal and Dr. S.P.S. Saini “Accelerometer Based Hand Gesture Controlled Wheelchair” International Journal on Emerging Technologies 4(2): 15-20(2013) ISSN No. (Print) : 0975-8364 ,ISSN No. (Online) : 2249-3255
- Shreedeep Gangopadhyay, Somsubhra Mukherjee & Soumya Chatterjee “Intelligent Gesture Controlled Wireless Wheelchair For The Physically Handicapped” Proceedings of Fifth IRAJ International Conference, 15th September 2013, Pune, India, ISBN: 978-93-82702-29-0
- Monika Jain, Hitesh Joshi “Tongue Operated Wheelchair for Physically Disabled People” International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology (IJLTET) Vol. 4 Issue 1 May 2014, ISSN: 2278-621X
- V.Bonato, A.Sanches, M.Fernandes, J.Cardoso, E.Simoes, and E.Marques, “A Real Time Gesture Recognition System for Mobile Robots”, International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation, and Robotics, August 25-28, Set-bal, Portugal, 2004, INSTICC, pp. 207-214.
- R.H. Liang, M. Ouhyoung, a real-time continuous gesture recognition system for sign language Face and Gesture Recognition, 1998, pp.558–565.
- Dr. Gowri Shankar Rao, Dr. D. Bhattacharya, Ajit Pandey and Aparna Tiwari, “Dual Sensor Based Gesture Robot Control Using Minimal Hardware System”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 5, May 2013.
- R.Posada Gomez, L.H.Sanchez Medel, “A Hand Gesture System Of Control For An IntelligentWheelchair”,Proc.ICEEE,P.68-71,5-7,sept.2007.
- S Van Delden, “Visual Detection Of Objects In A Robotic Work Area Using Hand Gestures”, Ieee International Symposium On Robotic And Sensors Environments (Rose), 2011.
- Nguyen Kim-Tien, Nguyen Truong-Thinh and Trinh Duc Cuong, “A Method for Controlling Wheelchair Using Hand Gesture Recognition”, Robot Intelligence Technology s Applications 2012 – Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Volume 208, 2013, pp 961-970