Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : BIO-MEDICAL IMAGE TRANSMISSION THROUGH OFDM CHANNEL BY MINIMIZING PAPR USING ADAPTIVE ACE TECHNIQUE
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 56-60
Abstract – Rapid advances in wireless and mobile communication and their convergence are leading to the emergence of new type of information infrastructure that has the potential supporting an array of advanced service for healthcare. The information need to be accessed from the remote database in highly secured and efficient manner. OFDM (Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing) is one of the most promising techniques for wireless communication system. OFDM provides higher spectral efficiency, flexibility and high performance in context of Bit error rate and Peak signal to noise ratio. One of the key problems in OFDM is high peak-to-Average Power Ratio (PAPR) which results in lower mean power level. In this proposed approach, the PAPR is minimized by using ACE (Active constellation extension) technique and modulation technique can be implemented by using QPSK (Quadrature phase shift keying) which provides high data rate and reduced computational complexity. However, the proposed method will provide a better transmission quality and higher security when compared to conventional method and it is expected to be suitable for real time medical image transmission. The performance metrics such as BER, MSE, PAPR and PSNR of the image has been analyzed by using MATLAB simulation tool.
Keywords— OFDM, QPSK, ACE, BER, PSNR, MSE
- C. S. Pattichis‘, E. Kyriacou‘, S. Voskaride. M.,S. Pattichis, Wireless Telemedicine Systems: An Overview” IEEE Antenna’s and Propagation Vol.44, No. 2, April 2002.
- P.Banelli and S. Cacopardi, “Theoretical analysis and performance of OFDM signals in nonlinear AWGN channels,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol48, pp. 430–441,March. 2000.
- Wu, Y., and Zou, W.Y.‘Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing:a multi-carrier modulation scheme’, IEEE Trans. Consum. Electron.,1995, 41, (3), pp. 392–399.
- Ravi Tiwari1,Mr. Rakesh Mishra “Comparative Analysis of Stego Image Trasmission Through OFDM Channel” , International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research, Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2015.
- Shah Tabassum Bintu, Shila Akter, “Performance Analysis of the OFDM – MIMO for Transmitting Medical Image”, December 24, 2013.
- Jihan park, “Low complexity data decoding for SLM Based OFDM system without side information” IEEE common vol,15, NO.6, June 2011.
- R. Divya Kanti and R.V. Ch.Sekhar Rao, “Systematic Comparison of Different PAPR Reduction Methods in OFDM Systems”, International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, ISSN 0974-2166 Volume 7, Number 1 (2014), pp. 21-30.
- R.W.Chang, “Synthesis of band-limited orthogonal signals for multichannel data transmission,” Bell Systems Tech. Journal, vol. 45, pp.1775–1796, Dec. 1966.
- Hongzhi Li and Chang Wen Chen “Robust Image Transmission With Bidirectional Synchronization and Hierarchical Error Correction”IEEE transactions commun, vol. 11, no. 11, nov 2001.
- Iickho Song Senior Member, IEEE, Seungsoo Yoo PAPR Reduction Scheme for OFDM Systems: Selective Mapping of Partial Tones(SMOPT),IEEE Trans. commun, vol. 52, no. 1, feb 2006.
- Liang Liu, Yong Liang Guan, “Frequency-Domain Equalization in Single-Carrier CDMA and effect of carrier frequency”, IEEE transactions on vehicular technology, vol. 60, no. 1, january 2011.
- Young-Jin Kim, Ui-Kun Kwon, “Effective PAPR Reduction of SFBC-OFDM for Multi node Cooperative Transmission”, IEEE signal processing letters, vol. 16, no. 11, november 2009, 925.
- Mohamed Hassan, Mohamed El-Tarhuni.” Joint Power Allocation and Adaptive Channel Coding for Image Transmission over Wireless Channels”, International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC), Vol.2, No.3, May 2010.
- Szymon Grabski, Krzysztof Szczypiorski “Steganography in OFDM Symbols of Fast IEEE 802.11n Networks” IEEE 2013, Institute of Telecommunications Warsaw University of Technology.
- Mohammed Sh. Ahmed, Boussakta, Senior Member, IEEE “OFDM Based on Low Complexity Transform to Increase Multipath Resilience and Reduce PAPR” IEEE trans.commun, vol. 59, no. 12, dec 2011.
- Hyun-Su Cha, Hyukjin Chae, Kiyeon Kim,” Generalized Inverse Aided PAPR-Aware Linear Pre-coder Design for MIMO-OFDM System”, IEEE communications letters, vol. 18, no. 8, august 2014 1363.
- Stephen P. Del Marco, Member, IEEE, “Companders for PAPR Reduction in OFDM Signals Using Amplitude Distribution Modification” IEEE transactions on broadcasting, vol. 60, no. 1, mar 2014