Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : RE-CONFIGURABLE HYBRID SMART MICRO-GRID BASED ON CAN AND RS PROTOCOL WITH SOLAR ENERGY
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 61-64
Abstract – Micro-grid is a promising area that might provide a solid solution for more and more stress on the utility supply and transmission line. Generally micro-grid comprise of renewable energy sources such as photovoltaic (PV), wind, fuel cell (FC) stack etc., as micro-grid involves renewable energy sources which have a significantly different dynamic behavior, dissimilar generating capacities and disruptive effects such as voltage dips and fluctuations, frequency variation, and harmonic distortion are handled through centralized monitoring in conjunction with hierarchical control. The reliability and sustainability of the resulting complex micro-grid architecture is ensured through the proposed reconfigurable control and power network of the micro-grid, supported by a hybrid communication layer comprising controller area network (CAN) and RS-232 protocols. The proposed architecture is strengthened by an additional ‘supervisory’ layer comprising a supervisory controller that supports long-term optimization of micro-grid operation under normal conditions and governs interim role assignments to control layers during crisis.
Keywords— Renewable energy sources, smart micro-grid, reconfigurability, CAN, hybrid communication
- B.L. Theraja and A.K. Theraja, “A Text Book of Electrical Technology”, S. Chand Publications.
- J. A. Pecas Lopes, C. L. Moreira, and A. G. Madureira, “Defining Control Strategies for MicroGrids Islanded Operation”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 21, No. 2, May 2006.
- Antonis G. Tsikalakis, and Nikos D. Hatziargyriou, “Centralized Control for Optimizing Microgrids Operation”, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 23, No. 1, 241, IEEE March 2008.
- Sushil S. Thale, Rupesh G. Wandhare and Vivek Agarwal, “ A Novel Reconfigurable Microgrid Architecture with Renewable Energy Sources and Storage”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 51, No. 2, March/April 2015
- Sushil S. Thale and Vivek Agarwal, “Controller Area Network Assisted Grid Synchronization of a Microgrid with Renewable Energy Sources and Storage”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 1949-3053, IEEE 2015.
- Xi Fang, Satyajayant Misra, Guoliang Xue, and Dejun Yang, “Smart Grid – The New and Improved Power Grid: A Survey”, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, 1553-877X/11, IEEE 2011.
- R.H.Lasseter, “MicroGrids”, in Proc. IEEE Power Technologies of the U.S. Department of Energy, California, Winter Meet, New York, NY, USA, vol. 1, pp. 305–308, IEEE, Jan. 2002.
- Robert H. Lasseter, Paolo Piagi, “Microgrid: A Conceptual Solution”, PESC’04 Aachen, Germany 20-25 June 2004.
- Farid Katiraei, Reza Iravani, Nikos Hatziargyriou and Aris Dimeas, “Microgrid Management”, IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, 1540-7977/08, IEEE May / June 2008.
- Amin Gholami, and Farrokh Aminifar, “A Hierarchical Response-Based Approach to the Load Restoration Problem”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 1949-3053 IEEE 2015.
- Rudresh B.Magadum and Shobha.S.Kumbar, “A Review of Recent Developments in Micro Grid”, International Refereed Journal of Engineering and Science, e- ISSN :2319-183,X p-ISSN : 2319-1821, IRJES 2015.
- Alfredo Vaccaro, Marjan Popov, Domenico Villacci and Vladimir Terzija, “An Integrated Framework for Smart Microgrids Modeling, Monitoring, Control, Communication, and Verification”, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 99, 0018-9219, IEEE January 2011.
- Saswat Mohanty, Bikash Narayan Panda and Bhawani Shankar Pattnaik, “Implementation of a Web of Things based Smart Grid to remotely monitor and control Renewable Energy Sources”, IEEE Students Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science, 978-1-4799-2526-1/14, IEEE 2014.
- Made A. Setiawan, Farhad Shahnia, Sumedha Rajakaruna, and Arindam Ghosh, “ZigBee-Based Communication System for Data Transfer Within Future Microgrids”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 1949-3053, IEEE 2015.
- Robert Lasseter, Abbas Akhil, Chris Marnay, John Stephens, Jeff Dagle, Ross Guttromson, A. Sakis Meliopoulous, Robert Yinger, and Joe Eto, “The CERTS Micro-Grid Concept”, White paper on Integration of Distribution Energy Resources, April 2002.
- Sunil S. Rao, “A Text Book of Switch Gear Protection and Power Systems”, Khanna Publications.