Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : MULTI-OBJECTIVE OPTIMIZATION OF SPARK EDM PROCESS PARAMETERS FOR INCONEL 800
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 72-78
Abstract – This research work deals the performance characteristics in machining of Inconel 800 by Electrical Discharge Machining process. The experiments were carried out as per Taguchi ‘s L18 orthogonal array with each experiment performed under the various machining parameters, namely peak current(x1), pulse- on time(x2) and pulse-off time(x3). They were optimized with considerations of multiple performance characteristics including surface roughness (Ra), electrode wear ratio and material removal rate. The development of regression equation is used to analyze the performance characteristics and the study based on L18 orthogonal array with modified Taguchi method. An orthogonal array, the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio and analysis of variance (ANOVA) were employed to study the performance characteristics.
Keywords— EDM, MRR, EWR, SR, Taguchi, ANOVA, L18 Orthogonal array
- Spedding, T.A., Wang, z.g.,1997, parametric optimization and surface characteristic of wire electrical discharge machining process precision of engineering 20,5-15
- R.Ramakrishnan,L.karunamoorthy,”modeling and multi-response optimization of inconel 718 on machining of CNC WEDM process”, Journal of material processing technology,2008.
- Scott,D, bovina,s.,rajurkar,T.K.P,1991, “analysis and optimization of parameter combination in wire electrical discharge machining”. International journal of production research 29,2189-2207.
- S.Singh, “Optimization of machining characteristics in electrical discharge machining of 6061Al/Al2O3p/20P composites by grey relational analysis”, 2012.
- Yih-fong Tzeng and Fu-chen chen, “Multi objective optimisation of high speed electrical discharge machining process using a Taguchi fuzzy based approach”, 2007.
- S.H.Tomadi, M.A.Hassan, Z.Hamedon, R.Daud & A.G.Khalid, “Analysis of the influence of EDM parameters on surface quality, material removal rate and electrode wear of Tungsten carbide”, 2009.