Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : A SURVEY OF REGION DETECTORS FOR LARGE SCALE IMAGE RETRIEVAL
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 79-80
Abstract – This project proposes and evaluates alternative choices to extract patches densely. We consider a pipeline for image classification or search based on coding approaches like bag of words or Fisher vectors. The proposed approaches based on superpixels, edges, and a bank of Zernike filters used as detectors. In this context, the most common approach is to extract the image patches regularly in a dense manner on several scales. The different approaches are evaluated on recent image retrieval and fine-grained classification benchmarks. Our expected result will give the accuracy and performance level of each dense region detectors.
Keywords— Image Retrieval; Region Detectors
- R.Achanta, A.Shaji, K.Smith, A.Lucchi, P.Fua, and S.Süsstrunk, “SLIC superpixels compared to state-of-the-art superpixel methods,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 2274–2282, Nov. 2012.
- Z.Akata, F.Perronnin, Z.Harchaoui, and C.Schmid, “Good practice in large-scale learning for image classification,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 507–520, Mar. 2013.
- R.Arandjelovic and A. Zisserman, “Three things everyone should know to improve object retrieval,” in Proc. IEEE Conf. CVPR, Jun. 2012, pp. 2911–2918.
- Y.Avrithis and K.Rapantzikos, “The medial feature detector: Stable regions from image boundaries,” in Proc. IEEE ICCV, Nov. 2011,pp. 1724–1731.
- Babenko, A.Slesarev, A.Chigorin, and V.Lempitsky, “Neural codes for image retrieval,” in Proc. 13th ECCV, 2014, pp. 584–599.