Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DESIGN OF LOW POWER RIPPLE CARRY ADDER (RCA) AND BCD ADDER USING 8-T FULL ADDER
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 114-115
Abstract – Adders are the fundamental building block for any digital processors and VLSI design. So Area, speed and power is the three main design metrics for any VLSI circuit. The speed of the higher level design depends on the speed of the full adders. The 8T full Adder technique has been used for the generation of XOR function and implements the 8T full adder into 8bit RCA and BCD adder. The whole simulation and the power analysis are carried out using micro wind 3.1 environment with 90nm technology.
Keywords— Full Adder, RCA, BCD adder, GDI Technique
- Design of 4-bit low power Ripple Carry Adder using9-Tfull adder S. Usha, T. Ravi International Conference On Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies [ICCPCT], 2015.
- Implementation Of 1-Bit Full Adder Using Gate Diffusion Input (Gdi) Cell Arun Prakash Singh and Rohit Kumar, International Journal Of Electronics And Computer Science Engineering.
- Modified Gdi Technique – A Power Efficient Method For Digital Circuit Design, PankajVerma, Ruchi Singh And Y.K. Mishra, Department Of Electronics And Communication Engineering, Bbdniit,Lucknow, India, Oct-2013.
- Gate-Diffusion Input (Gdi): A Power-Efficient Method For Digital Combinatorial Circuits Arkadiy Orgenshtein, Alexander Fish, and Israel A.Wagner, Oct-2002.
- Gate Diffusion Input: A Technique for Fast Digital Circuits (Implemented On 180 Nm Technology) Sudeshna Sarkar,Monika Jain.,Et Al Department Of Electronics And Communication Engineering, Banasthali University, Rajasthan.
- Efficient Method for Digital Combinational Circuits, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, 10 (5), Arkadiy Morgenshtein, Alexander Fish,And IsraelA. Wagner, Gate Diffusion Input (GDI: A Power-, OCTOBER, 2002.
- Circuit Design for CMOS VLSI (Norwell, MA: Kluwer Academic, 1992, pp. 88–129), J. P. Uyemura.
- Principles of CMOS digital design (Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, pp. 41
- Hamid Reza Naghizadeh, Mohammad Sarvghad Moghadam, Saber Izadpanah Tous and Abbas Golmakani, ―Design of Two High Performance 1-Bit CMOS Full Adder Cells‖, International Journal of Computing and Digital Systems 2, No. 1, 47-52 (2013).
- Ahmed M. Shams and Magdy A. Bayoumi, ―A Novel High-Performance CMOS 1-Bit Full Adder Cell‖ IEEE transactions on circuits and systems—II: Analog and digital signal processing, Vol. 47, NO. 5, MAY 2000.
- Cadence Analog and Mixed signal labs, revision1.0, IC613, Assura 32, incisive unified simulator 82, Cadence design systems, Bangalore.
- Dan Wang, Maofeng Yang, Wu Cheng XUguangGuan, Zhangming Zhu, Yintang Yang ―Novel Low power Full Adder Cells in 180nmCMOS Technology‖, 4th IEEE conference onIndustrial Electronics and Applications, pp. 430433,2009.
- Karthik Reddy. G, ―Low Power-Area Designs Of1- Bit Full Adder in Cadence Virtuoso Platform‖,International Journal of VLSIdesign & Communication Systems(VLSICS) Vol.4, No.4, August 2013.
- Kavita Khare, Krishna Dayal Shukla, ―Design A 1Bit Low Power Full Adder Using Cadence Tool‖, MANIT/ Electronics & Communication, Bhopal, India
- M.Geetha Priya, K.Baskaran, ―Low Power FullAdder with Reduced Transistor Count, International Journal of Engineering Trend sand Technology (IJETT) – Volume 4 Issue 5- May 2013.
- Neil H. E. Weste, Kamran Eshranghian,―Principles of CMOS VLSI Design, A systems Perspective, 2nd edition.