Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : FUZZY LOGIC BASED SPEED CONTROL OF INDUCTION MOTOR USING PULSE WIDTH MODULATION TECHNIQUE
Volume 03 Issue 10 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 119-122
Abstract – In this paper the concept and implementation of direct torque control method of speed control of Induction motor is described. For improving the performance, the fuzzy logic control is used here. The simulation model of this system is designed in MATLAB and it performance was analyzed. Due to the low maintenance and robustness induction motors have many applications. The speed control of induction motor is more important to achieve maximum torque and efficiency. Various speed control techniques like Pole changing method, Voltage control method, Direct Torque Control, in this work direct torque control has been discussed. Soft computing technique is applied in this work for the speed control of induction motor to achieve maximum torque with efficiency. The fuzzy logic controller is implemented in this work using the Field Oriented Control technique as it provides better motor torque with high static and dynamic performance. The simulated model is tested using MATLAB. The result shows that the efficiency and reliability of the proposed speed controller is good.
Keywords— Fuzzy Logic; Pulse with modulation; Direct Torque Control
- G. Buja, “A new control strategy of the induction motor drives: The direct flux and torque control,” IEEE Ind. Electron. Soc. Newslett., vol. 5, pp. 14–16, Dec. 1998J. Clerk Maxwell, A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism, 3rd ed., vol. 2. Oxford: Clarendon, 1892, pp.68–73.
- Casadei, G. Grandi, G. Serra, and A. Tani, “Effects of flux and torque hysteresis band amplitude in direct torque control of induction machines,” in Proc. IEEE IECON’94, 1994, p. 299.
- Damiano and P. Vas et al., “Comparison of speed-sensorless DTC induction motor drives,” in Proc. PCIM, Nuremberg, Germany, 1997, pp. 1–11.
- M. Depenbrock, “Direct self control of inverter-fed induction machines,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 3, pp. 420–429, Oct. 1988
- P. Z. Grabowski, “Direct torque neuro-fuzzy control of induction motor drive,” in Proc. IEEE IECON’97, 1997, pp. 557–562.
- T. G. Hableter, F. Profumo, M. Pastorelli, and L. M. Tolbert, “Direct torque control of induction machines using space vector modulation,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., vol. 28, pp. 1045–1053, Sept./Oct. 1992.
- M. P. Kazmierkowski and A. Kasprowicz, “Improved direct torque and flux vector control of PWM inverter-fed induction motor drives,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 45, pp. 344–350, Aug.1995