Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AUTOMATIC RAILWAY GATE CONTROL USING INFRARED SENSORS
Volume 03 Issue 11 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 12-15
Abstract – Generally, the railway gates are controlled by human intervention. This proposed work attempts to bring automation in the specified field so as to open and close the gates automatically. In conventional method, the gate keeper has to receive the signal of the approaching train and then take actions to close the railway gate. In this method, 3 IR sensors are used. The first sensor detects the arrival of the train from a specified distance to the road traffic. The YELLOW light glows and the buzzer alarm turns on. Once the train crosses the second sensor, the RED light glows indicating the close approach of the train and closes the gate. The third sensor signals the departure of the train. Once the train crosses the third sensor, GREEN light glows and the gate is opened for the vehicles to depart.
Keywords— Sensor; Automation; Detect
- Krishna, ShashiYadav and Nidhi, “Automatic Railway Gate Control Using Microcontroller”, Oriental Journal Of Computer Science & Technology, Vol.6, No.4, December 2013.
- J. Banuchandar, V. Kaliraj, P. Balasubramanian, S. Deepa, N. Thamilarasi,“ Automated Unmanned Railway Level Crossing System”, in International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER)Volume.2, Issue.1, Jan-Feb 2012,pp-458-463
- Fred Coleman III, Young J. Moon (2011) Trapped Vehicle Detection System for Four Quadrant Gates in High Speed Rail Corridors, Transportation Research Record 1648
- The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems By Muhammad Ali Mazidi
- Fundamentals Of Embedded Software By Daniel W Lewis