Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : IMPROVEMENT AND ANALYSIS OF TEXTURE USING TRANSITION LOCAL BINARY PATTERNS
Volume 03 Issue 11 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 16-18
Abstract – In this paper, a new algorithm which is based on the continues wavelet transformation and Transition local binarypatterns (TLBP) for content based texture image classification is proposed. We improve the Local Binary Pattern approach with Wavelet Transformation to propose the texture classification. We used 12 classes of Brodatz textures data base for proposed method. Each class is divided to 64 texture image and then wavelet transformation is applied to each texture. After transformed texture from wavelet the feature extraction matrix is formation using TLBP. The same concept is utilized at TLBP calculation which is generating nine TLBP patterns from a given 3×3 pattern. Finally, nine TLBP histograms are calculated which are used as a feature vector for image classification. Two experiments have been carried out for proving the worth of our algorithm. It is further mentioned that the database considered for experiments are Brodatz database. We verify the other method and proposed method is very good and efficient for classification texture image.
Keywords— Texture Classification, Local Binary Pattern, Wavelet Transformation
- Ojala, T.Pietikainen, M.Multiresolution Gray-Scale and Rotation Invariant Texture Classification with Local Binary Patterns. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 24, 2002, No. 7, pp. 971–987.
- M. Tuceryan and A.K. Jain, Texture analysis, in: C.H. Chen, L.F. Pau, and P.S.P.Wang (Eds.), Handbook Pattern Recognition and Computer Vision, World Scientific, Singapore, 1993, pp. 235–276.
- N. Kwak, C.-H. Choi, Input feature selection for classification problems, IEEE Trans. Neural Networks 13 (1) (2002) 143
- E.D. Ubeyli, I Guler, Feature extraction from Doppler ultrasound signals for automated diagnostic systems, Comp. Biol. Med. 35 (9) (2005) 735– 764.
- M. Akay, Time Frequency and Wavelets in Biomedical Signal Processing, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, 1998.
- Duda, R.O., Hart, P.E., Stork, G.: Pattern Classification. John Wiley (2001).
- Daubechies, The wavelet transform time-frequency localization and signal analysis, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory 36 (5) (1990) 961–1005.
- P. Brodatz, Textures: A Photographic Album for Artists and Designers. Dover, 1966.
- S. Soltani, On the use of the wavelet decomposition for time series prediction, Neuro computing 48 (2002) 267–277.
- Coifman, R.R., Wickerhauser, M.V.: Entropy-based algorithms for best basis selection. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 38(2) (1992) 713-718.