Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : POLLUTION STUDY IN BAPATLA TOWN, GUNTUR DISTRICT, ANDHRA PRADESH
Volume 03 Issue 12 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 6-9
Abstract – There are two types of the cause of pollution, natural and man-made. Man made pollution is caused by human activities and hard to get rid of. The backbones of man-made pollution are human population and technology. The present study aimed to calculate water quality parameters such as temperature, Dissolved Oxygen (DO), chloride content, salinity and levels of noise pollution in different locations in Bapatla town, Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh. The results are compared with standards of WHO and BIS.
Keywords— Pollution; Water quality; Noise pollution
- U. R. Khandkar, K.S. Bangar and S.C.Tiwari, “Quality of Ground Water used for Irrigation in Ujjain District of Madhya Pradesh, India”, Journal of Environmental science and Engineering, 50(3), 179-186, 2008.
- M. Rupal, B. Tanushree and Ch. Sukalyan, “Quality Characterization of Groundwater using Water Quality Index in Surat city, Gujarat, India,” International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, 1(4), 14-23, 2012.
- S. Mayur, S. Prateek and A. Pradeep, “Ground Water Quality of Gandhinagar Taluka,Gujarat, India,” E-Journal of Chemistry, 5(3), 435-446, 2008.
- S. Tamminen, H. Ramos and D. Covas, “Water supply system performance for different pipe mate-rials Part1: Water quality analysis” Water Resources Management,22, 1579–1607, 2008.
- V. P. Kudesia, Water pollution, Pragathi Prakasham .Meerut.India, 1-12, 1980.
- H. E. Gill, “A groundwater reconnaissance of the Republic of Ghana, with a description of geohydrologic provinces” US Geological Survey Water-supply Paper 1757-K Washington, DC, 37 p, 1969.
- R.R. Bannerman, “Appraisal of the limestone aquifer of the Keta Basin, Ghana”. In:Soveri, J., Suokko, T. (Eds.), Future Groundwater Resources at Risk. Publ. 222.International Association for Hydrological Sciences, Wallingford, 315–321, 1994.
- G. Srinivas Rao and G. Nageswararao, “Assessment of Groundwater quality using Water Quality Index2013)”, Arch. Environ. Sci. 7, 1-5, 2013.
- D. Neeraj and Dr.J. N. Patel, Evaluation of Groundwater Quality Index of the Urban Segments of Surat City, India, International journal of geology, 4, 2010.