Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : INTELLIGENT MONITORING AND CONTROL OF GRAIN BAGS STORAGE USING PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLER
Volume 03 Issue 12 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 10-13
Abstract – India is one of the largest grain producers in the world. It produces 200 million MT (Metric tons) of wheat and rice annually. Seventy-five percent of total grain loss occurs at the farm level. Proper monitoring of grain storage is essential to reduce grain loss. The present system involves human effort in most of the activities which reduces work efficiency and increases time consumption. These difficulties can be avoided by our proposed project. In this project, the controlling and monitoring of the grain storage area is fully automated using PLC and SCADA. The main objective of the proposed project is to control and maintain the temperature in storage area by using thermistor and fed to the PLC for controlling which prevents the formation of microorganisms and spoilage of grains. The height of the bags is measured and directs the different sizes of bags to their respective storage places. The SCADA system acquires the required data and monitors the overall process.
Keywords— Control; Monitoring; PLC; SCADA
- K.Kalaivani, V.Anjalipriya, P.Surendar, MONITORING AND CONTROL OF GRAIN STORAGE USING PLC, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 2319-1163, Page 282-288
- Vinay Sambhaji Suryawanshi, Mahesh S. Kumbha, Real Time Monitoring & Controlling System for Food Grain Storage, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN (Online) : 2319 – 8753,Page 734-738
- PLC Programming for Industrial Automation- by Kevin Collins
- Petruzella, Frank D. (2010)- ‘Programmable logic Controllers’- Tata McGraw Hill Education.
- Feng Wang, Li-jun Kong, Dong-yao Zou, Ying-shan Ai, “Application of multi-sensor information fusion on monitoring and controlling system of stored-grain condition”, IEEE International conference on challenges in environmental science and computer engineering, pp.435-438, 2010