Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SMART SHOPPING FACILITATOR FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED BASED ON ZIGBEE
Volume 03 Issue 12 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 23-24
Abstract – When a person depends on some other person for his own work it may be called as disability. This may be natural or by any accident. For human beings Visual impartment is a kind of disability .As there is a rapid development in the field of science and technology there are many modules to help the visually impaired and blind. Still shopping at the supermarket is being tricky for them. So they obviously relay on some others. So to overcome this issue this proposed model provides the visually impaired people a better way of shopping on the implementation of the latest technology. To identify the products the model uses RFID .An audio stream assists the people in the super market on dynamically. In order to make a smart super market the packing of things is made simple by the implementation of Zig – Bee transceiver to transmit/receive the product information. Therefore the current queuing system may be overcome. The ultimate aim of our proposed system is to eliminate assistance for visually impaired people on shopping and provide them a sophisticated, convenient, friendly environment on low cost. By the implementation of this idea the customers may be attracted towards the smart way shopping and this may improve the business. This mainly facilitates the visually impaired and visually challenged customers and gains a higher attention in the public.
Keywords— RFID, Smart Shopping, Retail, POS
- Evaluation of the Shopping Path to Distinguish Customers Using a RFID Dataset. Takanobu Nakahara, Katsutoshi Yada. IJOCI. 01/2011; 2:1-14
- Mohsin Murad, Abdullah Rehman, Arif Ali Shah, Salim Ullah, Muhammad Fahad, Khawaja M. Yahya, “RFAIDE –An RFID Based Navigation and Object Recognition Assistant for Visually Impaired People”, in 7th International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET), pp. 1-4, 2011.
- B. Andò, “A Smart Multisensor Approach to Assist Blind People in Specific Urban Navigation Tasks”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems And Rehabilitation Engineering, VOL. 16, NO. 6, pp. 592-594, DECEMBER 2008.
- Mohamed Manoufali, Ahmed Aladwani, Saif Alseraidy and Ali Alabdouli, “Smart Guide for Blind People”, in International Conference and workshop on current trends in Information Technology (CTIT), pp. 61-63, 2011.
- Willis, S. Helal, S. Comput., “RFID information grid for blind navigation and wayfinding,” in Proceedings of Ninth IEEE International Symposium on Wearable Computers, pp. 34-37, 2005.
- M.Mathankumar, T.Kavitha, “Design and Implementation of Smart Supermarket System for Vision Impaired”, in International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), Vol 5 No 1, pp 215-219, Feb-Mar 2013.
- Priya Narasimhan, “Assistive Embedded Technologies”, pp. 85-87, July 2006.
- APR9600 datasheet [Online] Available: www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/aplus/APR9600.pdf.
- An efficient RFID solution to expedite services. Tarek R. Sheltami, Elhadi Shakshuki MoMM’2009 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; 01/2009
- Xiaolin Jia1,2, Quanyuan Feng2, Taihua Fan1, Quanshui Lei1, “RFID Technology and Its Applications in Internet of Things (IOT)”, in 2nd International conference on Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks (CECNet), IEEE, pp. 1282-1285, 2012.
- Shripad S. Bhatlawande, Jayant ukhopadhyay and Manjunatha Mahadevappa, “Ultrasonic Spectacles and Waist-belt for Visually Impaired and Blind Person”, in National Conference on Communications (NCC), IEEE, pp. 1- 4, 2012.
- Bastin Tony Roy Savarimuthu, Morgan Bruce, Maryam Purvis, “A Software Framework for Application Development using Zigbee Protocol, The Information Science Discussion Paper Series, April 2009.
- Dr.Suryaprasad J, Praveen Kumar B O, Roopa D Arjun A K, A Novel Low-Cost Intelligent Shopping Cart, Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Networked Embedded Systems for Enterprise Applications, NESEA 2011, Perth, Australia, December 8-9, 2011.
- Mining paths and transactions data to improve allocating commodity shelves in supermarket. Hong-Bo Li, Wei Wang, Hong-Wei Ding, Jin Dong. Service Operations and Logistics, and Informatics (SOLI), 2012 IEEE International Conference on; 01/2012.
- Chumkamon, S.Tuvaphanthaphiphat, P.Keeratiwintakorn, “A blindnavigation system using RFID for indoor environments,” in Proceedings of 5thInternational Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology, pp.765-768, 2008.
- Zeeshan Ali, Prof. Reena Sonkusare,”RFID Based Smart Shopping and Billing”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 12, December 2013.
- Kirti Chawla, Gabriel Robins, and Liuyi Zhang, “Object Localization Using RFID,” 5th International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing (ISWPC), pp. 301-306, 2010.