Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : VIBRATION ANALYSIS OF SHAFT USING FFT ANALYZER
Volume 03 Issue 12 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 70-72
Abstract – Understanding the basics and fundamentals of vibration analysis are very important in forming a solid background to analyze problems on rotating machinery.Switching between time and frequency is a common tool used for analysis. Because the frequency spectrum is derived from the data in the time domain, the relationship between time and frequency is very important.We know a shaft crack is a detection of such shaft crack is a very serious matter. A crack could lead to a catastrophic failure of the rotor if not detected in a timely manner. When the system has working crack in shaft could be make failures. Vibration analysis is widely used to monitor the health of the rotating machinery. However vibration signature of a cracked shaft is not clear because the presences of cracks change the physical characteristics of a structure, although a considerable literature is vibration analysis of rotor cracks.In this analysis, particular piezoelectric element, accelerometer is used along with a device called as Fast Fourier Transform Analyzer. The cracked shaft will be vibrated using actuator and then the vibratory motion in the shaft is sensed by accelerometer. The accelerometer will send the sensed vibration data to F.F.T Analyzer which can change the sensed data by accelerometer to meaningful data shown in the PC, such as; frequency, amplitude, displacement and so on.
Keywords— Vibration analysis of crack; F.F.T Analyzer
- Ali Vaziri,Prof. M. J. Patil ,” Vibration Analysis of a cracked Shaft”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering TechnologyE-ISSN 0976-3945,April-June 2013.
- V. Hariharan and PSS. Srinivasan,” Vibration analysis of misaligned shaft –ball bearing system”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, ISSN: 0974- 6846, Sep 2009.
- Mitchell S. Lebold, Kenneth Maynard,”Using Torsional Vibration Analysis as Synergistic Method for Crack Detection in Rotating Equipment”, IEEE, 0-7803-8155-6, 2004.
- SumitP.Raut, LaukikP.Raut,”A Review of Various Techniques Used for Shaft Failure Analysis“,International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science Volume 2, ISSN 2091-2730, Feb-Mar 2014.
- Donald E. Bently, Agnes Muszynska,”Detection of Rotor Cracks”, Orbit, Bently Nevada,1982.