Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : EXPERIMENTAL STUDY ON CEMENT BRICK WITH PARTIAL REPLACEMENT QUARRY DUST & SAW DUST IN FINE AGGREGATE
Volume 03 Issue 12 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 88-90
Abstract – In this experimental study an attempt has been made to determine the properties of cement brick was produced by replacing fine aggregate by quarry dust & saw dust. The demand of natural sand in the construction industry has increased a lot resulting in the reduction of sources and an increase in price. Under these circumstances, quarry dust a by-product from the crushing process of stones (Blue metal) which is available abundantly from rock quarries at low cost in many areas and saw dust which is available from wood industry, can be an economical alternative to the river sand. The compressive strength, water absorption, efflorescence, shape, structure of normal brick and fine aggregate replaced brick are compared and the results are tabulated. This research was experimentally carried out to investigate the properties of both quarry dust and saw dust when used as partial replacement in brick. Comparisons were done on compressive strength for 7, 14 and 21 days.
Keywords— Brick; Saw Dust; Quarry Dust; Partial Replacement
- “Experimental investigation on the effect of replacement of sand by quarry dust in hollow concrete block for different mix proportions” by h. s. Suresh Chandra, g. sarangapani, and b. Naresh -vol. 5, no. 1, February 2014.
- “Strength and durability properties of concrete containing quarry dust as fine aggregate” by Illangovan R, Mahendrana N- Vol.3 (5), 2008.
- “Stone crusher dust as a fine aggregate in concrete for paving blocks” by Radhikesh P.nanda, Amiya K.Das, Mohanrana.N.C- Volume 1, No 3, 2010.
- IS 1077:1992 “Common burnt clay building bricks- Specification”
- IS 2572:2005, “Construction of hollow & concrete solid block”
- “Baggase ash as an effective replacement for fly ash bricks” by Apurva Kulkarni,Samruddha Raje and manta rajkor- Vol 4 issue 10- oct 2013.