Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DESIGN AND SIMULATION BASED YIELD IMPROVEMENT AND INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY IN SAND CASTING PROCESS
Volume 03 Issue 12 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 118-122
Abstract – This project presents the simulation based Multi core cavity system of bearing housing with modified Gating design. Initially CAD model of bearing housing has been prepared in Solid Works software. Metal flow analysis carried out using Any Casting Simulation Software. It is used to visualize a complete solidification process which is not possible during real casting. The pouring velocity and pouring time have been applied as simulation inputs. The simulation results were obtained to improve defect free casting. Simulation provides good understanding about temperature distribution, filling velocity and fraction solidification time. The modified gating design with multi core cavity system increased the yield as well as productivity.
Keywords— Sand casting, Multi-cavity system, Solid works, Any-casting.
- ChaitanyaMathkar,Pushkaraj Kalsulkar, Mihir Datar (2014), ‘Optimisation of Gating and Riser System for Casting Pump Component Using Casting Simulation Technology, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Advanced Technology, Vol.2. ISSN: 2320-8791.
- Kimatsuka Akihiko, Kuroki Yasunori (2007), ‘Mold Filling Simulation for Predicting Gas Porosity’, Engg., Review Vol. 40, No.2
- Georgiev .G., Res. Assoc., Ivanov G., ‘New Interactive and Automatic Optimization procedures offered of the recent Foundry Simulation Software’ Institute of Metal Science.
- Girish Narayan, Tpan Kidambi, Abishek Hariths, (2013), ‘Controlled Solidification Process in Sand Mould Casting (Carbon Steel) to Achieve Uniform Ferrite Structure and increase the Riser Efficiency., International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research Volume 2, Issue 10.
- Jamkar S.S., M.J. Deshmukh, N.A. Vidhate (2014), ‘Optimization of Green Sand Casting Process Parameter by Taguchi Method., International Journal of Mechanical Engineering, ISSN-2277-7059, Volume 4, Issue 1.
- Wang Zexuan, He Tao, Yang Yong, Li Yan (2015), ‘Application and development of numerical simulation Technology in Casting’, International Journal of Research in Engg. and Science Vol.3., Issue 2
- Mane V.V., Amit Sata, M.Y. Khire, ‘New Approach to Casting Defects Classification and Analysis Supported by Simulation’.
- Masoumi, H.Hu, J.Hedjazi, M.A. Boutorabi (2005), ‘Effect of Gating Design on Mold Filling’, AFS Transactions, American Foundry Society.
- Ratnesh Kumar Dewangan, Ashish Kumar Khandelwal, Manish Verma (2014), ‘Casting Defects Analysis on Small Scale Foundry., Journal of Technical Innovations & Engg. Research. Vol.1 Issue-1
- Shaheen Beg Mughal, Ramnendra Mandlol and Durgesh Joshi (2014), ‘Applying DOE for determining the Relative Importance of Some Gating System Design Parameters., International Review of Applied Engineering research. ISSN-2248-9967., Vol.4 No.2
- Udhaya Chandran R.M. ‘Optimization of Process parameters to minimize the casting defects., international Journal of Advances in Engg. Science and Technology., ISSN:2319-1120