Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 04 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-4
Abstract – Aim of our project is to design an iBeacon based indoor and outdoor location monitoring system. Product which is to track has an beacon module. Normally it transmits the UUID address to owner’s app. By using RSS value from UUID address we can identify the exact location of the product(indoor).If the product is lost outdoor means it can’t communicate with Owner’s app. For this purpose whoever has an ibeacon app who passes near the product can receive UUID address. By this it will transmit the current position to the owner’s app, without any knowledge of client app.
Keywords— Bluetooth; Android; Indoor Positioning; UUID Address
- Bullock, J. Blake, Chowdhary, Mahesh, Rubin, Dimitri, Leimer, Donald, Turetzky, Greg, Jarvis, Murray, “Continuous Indoor Positioning Using GNSS, Wi-Fi, and MEMS Dead Reckoning,” Proceedings of the 25th International Technical Meeting of The Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS 2012), Nashville, TN, September 2012, pp. 2408-2416.
- Bahl, P., Padmanabhan, V. and Balachandran, A.(2000). Enhancements to the RADAR User Location and Tracking System.
- Youssef, M., 2004. HORUS: A WLAN-Based indoor location determination system, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Maryland, 2004
- Bluetooth SIG. Bluetooth Specification Version 4.0, 062010.
- Faragher, R.M., Harle, R.K., “SmartSLAM – An Efficient Smartphone Indoor Positioning System Exploiting Machine Learning and Opportunistic Sensing,” Proceedings of the 26th International Technical Meeting of The Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS+ 2013), Nashville, TN, September 2013, pp. 1006-1019.
- Andy Ward, Alan Jones, Andy Hopper. A New Location Technique for the Active Office. IEEE Personal Communications, Vol. 4, No. 5, October 1997, pp. 42-47
- MacKay, D. J. C. Information Theory, Inference & Learning Algorithms. Cambridge University Press, 2002. New York, NY, USA.
- GSM mobile station locating. Master’s thesis,Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 1996.