Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 04 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 41-44
Abstract – The design will improve scalability, accessibility and flexibility. This target can be mainly decomposed into image pre-processing, feature extraction and feature match. My demonstration program is coded by MATLAB. For the program, some optimization at coding level and algorithm level are proposed to improve the performance of my fingerprint recognition system. For each sub -task, some classical and up-to-date methods in literatures are analyzed. A pre-processing method consisting of field orientation, ridge frequency estimation, Gabor filtering, feature extraction and enhancement is performed. The objective of this project is to present a better and enhanced fingerprint image.
Keywords— Finger Print; Image Enhancement; Quality Analysis
- E.R.Henry,“Classification and uses of finger prints,” in Classification and Uses of Finger Prints. London, U.K.: George Rutledge & Sons,1900.
- K. Cao, L. Pang, J. Liang, and J. Tian, “Fingerprint classification by a hierarchical classifier,”Patt. Recognit, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 3186–3197, Dec. 2013.
- M. Liu, “Fingerprint classification based on Adaboost learning from singularity features,”Patt.Recognit, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 1062–1070, Mar. 2010.
- J.-W. Wang, “Classification of fingerprint based on traced orientation flow,” in Symp. IEEE Int. Symp.Ind. Electron, 2010, pp. 1585–1588.
- J. Li, W. Y. Yau, and H. Wang, “Combining singular points and orientation image information for fingerprint classification,”Patt. Recognit, vol. 41, pp. 353–366, 2008.
- R. Cappelli, D. Maio, D. Maltoni, and L. Nanni, “A two-stage finger-print classification system,” in Proc. WBMA ‘03 Proc. ACM SIGMM Workshop on Biometrics Methods and Appl, New York, NY, USA, 2003, pp. 95–99.
- A. K. Jain, S. Prabhaker, and L. Hong, “A multi-channel approach to fingerprint classification,”IEEE Trans. Patt. Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 348–359, Apr. 1999.
- R. C. Gonzalez and R. E. Wood, Digital Image Processing,3rd ed.Upper Saddle River, NJ,USA: Prentice-Hall, 2007.
- S. Jirachaweng, Z. Hou, W.-Y. Yau, and V.Areekul, “Residual orientation modeling for fingerprint enhancement and singular point detection,”Patt. Recognit., vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 431–442, Feb. 2011.
- S. Wang and Y. Wang, “Fingerprint enhancement in the singular point area,”IEEE Signal Process. Lett., vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 16–19, Jan. 2004.