Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 04 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 52-55
Abstract – The combining of fibres, often called hybridization, is investigated in this paper for a M40 grade concrete. The addition of two or more types of fibres in concrete with suitable combination may increase overall properties of the concrete. In this research, concrete is made with addition of different proportions of hybrid (steel & polypropylene fibres). Steel fibres added with percentage of 0.5%, 0.6%, 0.7% & 0.8% by volume of concrete and polypropylene fibres added with percentage of 0.5%, 0.4%, 0.3% & 0.2% by weight of cement. Compressive strength, splitting tensile and flexural strength and acid test were performed and results were analyzed. The test results show when adding these proportions of fibres then the strength will gradually increases than control concrete.
Keywords— compressive strength, hybrid composites, split tensile strength & flexural strength , durability
- Vikrant S.Vairagade and Kavita S.Kene “Experimental investigation on hybrid fibre reinforced concrete.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) 2012.
- Dr.T.S.Thandavamoorthy and M.Tamilselvi and “ Studies on the properties of Steel and polypropylene fibre reinforced concrete without any admixture.” International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT) 2013.
- Abhishek Kumar Singh, Anshul Jain and Deependra Singh “Evaluation of mechanical properties for polypropylene and steel fibre reinforced concrete.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology ISSN: 2278-0181(IJERT) 2013.
- Selina Ruby.G, Geethanjali.C, Jaison Varghese and P.Muthu priya “Influence of hybrid fibre reinforced concrete.” International Journal of Advanced Structures and Geotechnical Engineering (IJASGE) ISSN: 2319-5347, 2014.
- Ashana Fathima.K.M and Shibi Varghese “Behavioural study of steel fibre and polypropylene fibre reinforced concrete.” IMPACT: International Journal of Research Engineering and Technology ISSN: 2321-8843 (IMPACT: IJERT) 2014.
- Prof. Pravin B.Shinde, Prof. Sangita V. Pawar and Prof. V.P.Kulkarni “ Flexural behavior of hybrid fibre reinforced concrete deep beam and effect of steel and polypropylene fibre on mechanical properties of concrete.” (IJARSE) ISSN: 2319-8354, 2015.
- Rajarajeshwari B Vibhuti, Radhakrishna and Aravind “Mechanical properties of hybrid fibre reinforced concrete for pavements.” (IJRET) ISSN: 2319-1163.
- D.B.Mohite and S.B.Shinde “Experimental investigation on effect of different shaped steel fibres on compressive strength of high strength concrete.” IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) 2013.
- A.M.Shende, A.M.Pande and M.Gulfam Pathan “Experimental study on steel fibre reinforced concrete for M40 grade” International Referred Journal of Engineering and Science (IRJES) ISSN: 2319-1821, 2012.
- Kolli.Ramujee “Strength properties of polypropylene fibre reinforced concrete.” (IJIRSET) ISSN: 2319-8753, 2013.
- M.K.Yew, I.Othman, and H.B.Mahmud “Strength properties of hybrid nylon-steel and polypropylene-steel fibre reinforced concrete at low fraction.” ISSN 1992-1950, 2011.
- S.C.Patodi, C.V.Kulkarni “Performance Evaluation of Hybrid Fibre Reinforced Concrete Matrix.” (IJERA) 2012.
- S.Eswari “Experimental Investigation on Flexural Performance of Hybrid Fibre Reinforced Concrete.” (IRJET) 2015.