Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 04 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 67-69
Abstract – In recent years the wastage of rubber material is abundant. So handling and managing these waste tyres is the major issue faced by the countries all over the world. They adopted many techniques in disposing the wastage one among them is land filling, but this technique was in vain. Next they adopted a method of burning these wastage known as incineration, but this created air pollution this in turn led to global warming. In this project we wish to attempt an experimental study to evaluate the behavior and failure characteristics of a rubber replaced Hollow Block Masonry. Analyzing the behavior and failure characteristics of rubber based composite material with nominal hollow block materials. Correlating the results obtained from destructive testing of the rubber replaced Hollow Block and ordinary block with different mix design, which are kept under curing for 28 days. Minimizing the cost incurred in the traditional materials used in Hollow Block. The nominal mixing ratio for M20 grade concrete is 1: 1.5: 3 and required amount of water is added. The raw materials used for the manufacture of hollow block are crusher chips, crusher powder, cement and water. This is the normal mixture made for the hollow blocks in the size of 400x200x200mm. The ratio of rubber replaced in fine aggregate for the mixture of 0%, 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% and 30%.
Keywords— Waste Rubber, Hollow Block, Concrete
- Ali A.M. and Goulias D.G, “Enhancement of Portland cements concrete with tyre rubber”,12 The international conference on solid waste management, university of Pennsylvania, Nov-1996.
- S.Talukdar, S.T.Islam and N.Banthia, “Development of a light weight low-carbon footprint concrete containing recycled waste materials”, July-2011.
- A.K. Abdel-Gawad, “Compressive strength of concrete utilizing waste tyre rubber”,Aug-1996.
- Eldin and Senouci, “Discarded tyre rubber as concrete aggregate”, Jun-1993.
- Topcu L.B, “Assessment of the brittleness index of rubberized concretes” cement and concrete research 27(2),1997,177-183.
- N.Eldin and A.B.Senuci, “Plant trail production process and monitoring of crumb rubber concrete paver”, Nov-1993.
- Segre.N and Joekes.I, “Use of tyre rubber particles as addition to cement paste”, cement and concrete research,30,2000,1421-1425.