Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 04 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 5-7
Abstract – The value of paddy is strongly related to the quality, types and sizes of paddy without any damage or disease of that leaves. Hence detecting the disease or damage area of the leaf is very important to improve the utilization rate. Though the crop production is well grown there is still lagging in visual inspection of diseases. Although it is done manually, it is not accurate in all the times. So, there is a need for technique to detect the diseases. The system proposed is based on this method which can detect the diseases using artificial neural network concept. This system involves image acquisition, converting the RGB images into HSI image and morphological process for removing noise. The block level feature extraction is used for extracting the features like mean and standard deviation. Finally, it is classified based on the diseases using artificial neural network and support vector machine. For more accuracy, the stem cells samples can be used for detecting the disease.
Keywords— Image Acquisition; Grey level co-occurrence matrix; Artificial neural network; Support vector machine
- A.K. Jain, 1989. Fundamental of Digital Image Processing.NJ:Prentice Hall.
- H. Wang, 2001. Automatic Character Location and Segmentation in Color Scene Images.Proc.of the 11th International Conf. on Image Analysis and Processing.
- Qing Yao, Zexin Guan, Yingfeng Zhou, “Application of support vector machine for detecting rice diseases using shape and color texture features”, 2009 International Conference on Engineering Computation.
- NunikNovianaKurniawati, SitiNorul Huda Sheikh Abdullah, Salwani Abdullah and Saad Abdullah, “Investigation on Image Processing Techniques for Diagnosing Paddy Diseases”, 2009 International Conference of Soft Computing and Pattern Recognition.
- Junlong Fang, Yuehua Chen and Lili Ma, “color analysis of soybean leaves based on computer vision”, 2010 Second WRI World Congress on Software Engineering.
- Mr. Hrishikesh P. Kanjalkar and Prof. S.S.Lokhande, “Feature Extraction of Leaf Diseases”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) Volume 3, Issue 1, January 2014.
- Sachin D. Khirade and A. B. Patil, “Plant Disease Detection Using Image Processing”, 2015 International Conference on Computing Communication Control and Automation.
- Monica Jhuria, Ashwani Kumar, and RushikeshBorse, “Image Processing For Smart Farming: Detection Of Disease And Fruit Grading”, Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Second International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP-2013).