Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 04 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 8-13
Abstract – The article emphasizes the study on the efficiency of Moving Bed Bio-film Reactor with carriers inoculated with bacteria isolated from textile sludge in the treatment of textile waste water. This study is also intended to determine the effectiveness of Fluidized bed Fenton pre-treatment process in the COD removal and BOD to COD ratio enhancement. Biological processes are a cost-effective and environmentally sound alternative to the chemical treatment of textile waste water. Moreover Bio- film processes have proved to be reliable for organic carbon and nutrients removal. The Moving Bed Bio-film Reactor (MBBR) is a highly effective biological treatment process that was developed on the basis of conventional activated sludge process and bio filter process. It is a completely mixed and continuously operated bio-film reactor, where the biomass is grown on small carrier elements that have a little lighter density than water and are kept in movement along with a water stream inside the reactor.
Keywords— Moving Bed Bio-film Reactor (MBBR); Moving Bed Biological Treatment (MBBT)
- Kermani M. and Bina B.(2009): “Biological Phosphorus and Nitrogen Removal from Wastewater using Moving Bed Biofilm Process”, Iranian Journal of Biotechnology,Vol.7,No.1,2009,pp.120-130.
- Adriana M., Marco S., Claudio D. and Giovanni B. (2014): “Textile Wastewater Treatment: Aerobic Granular Sludge Vs Activated Sludge Systems”, Journal of Water Research,Vol.7, No.5, 2014, pp. 371-376.
- Ali Z.,Bijan B.,Mahnaz N. and Hossein M.(2011): “Effect of Dissolved Oxygen and Chemical Oxygen Demand to Nitrogen Ratios on the Partial Nitrification/Denitrification Process in Moving Bed Biofilm Reactors”, Iranian Journal of Biotechnology,Vol.8, No.11, 2011, pp. 33-40.
- Andleeb S.,Atiq N.,Ali M.,Ur-Rehman A.and Hameed S.(2010): Biodegradation of Anthraquinone Dye by Aspergillus Niger Sa1 in “Self Designed Fluidized Bed Bioreactor”, Iranian Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering,Vol.7, No.5, 2010, pp. 371-376.
- Ayati B.,Ganjidoust H. and Fattah M. (2007): “Degradation of Aromatic Compounds using Moving Bed Biofilm Reactors”, Iranian Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering,Vol.2, No.11, 2007, pp. 34-42.
- Borkar R., Gulhane M. and Kotangale A.(2013): “Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor:A New Perspective in Wastewater Treatment”, IOSR Journal Of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, Vol.6,No.6,2013, pp.15-21.
- Nonglak B., Ming C. L. and Anotai J.(2011): “ Iron Crystallisation in A Fluidized Bed Fenton Process”, Journal of Water Research,Vol.45,2011, pp. 3255-3262.
- Paul S., Chavan S. and Khambe S. (2012): “Studies on Characterization of Textile Industrial Waste Water in Solapur City”, International Journal of Chemical Science, Vol.10, No.2, 2012, pp.635-642.