Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 04 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 14-18
Abstract – The project is aimed to design a water supply scheme to Kunhimangalam Grama Panchayat in Kannur District. Water for this scheme is to be collected from Vannathipuzha, which is a perennial one. The scheme is based on 2013 census population. The supply level proposed is 70lpcd. The scheme is designed for a period of 30 years. Geometrical increase method is adopted for the calculation of future population in this Panchayat by adopting growth rate method. On implementing this water supply scheme, there will be drastic change in the socio-economic status of the area by the conversion of vacant plains into residential, commercial and industrial area as other services are available. There will be improvement in the health and economic status of the people in this area. In addition to it, this scheme also controls the water scarcity of the area and thereby improves the health and sanitation of people. The project thus provides safe drinking water supply coverage to Kunhimangalam Grama Panchayat.
Keywords— Rural Water Supply Scheme(RWSS); Galvanised Iron(GI) ;Litres Per Capita Per Day(LPCD); Cast Iron(CI); Million Litres PerDay(MLD)
- Wood,D.J.,and Charles, C.O., (2002) “Hydraulic Network Analysis using Linear theory”.
- “Water Distribution Systems” Journal of Environmental Engineering, 120,803-820.
- Rossman, L.A., Clark, R.M.,Grayman,W.M,(1994), “Modeling Chlorine residuals in Drinking”.
- Ayati B.,Ganjidoust H. and Fattah M. (2007) “Water modeling system”, Journal of Hydraulic Division, 98,1157-1170.
- Chun,D.G., and Selznick, H.L.,(1995) Computer Modeling Of Distribution System Water Quality. Proc. Computer Applications in Water Resources,12,448-456
- “Water supply and sanitary engineering”, G.S. Berdy, J.S. Birdey
- S.C.Rangwala (1987) “Fundamentals of water supply and sanitary engineering”.
- Arsene, et al. (2005), Modeling and simulation scheme for water distribution systems based on loop equations.