Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 04 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 32-34
Abstract – The desensitized FIR filter using Vedic multiplier is presented to achieve higher operating speed. Vedic mathematics utilizes less computation time. The performance of proposed desensitized filter using Vedic multiplier is compared with conventional filter using array multiplier. The evaluation carried out through simulation and functional verification in order to highlight the speed superiority by reducing the computation time. The simulation and analysis is done by using Modelsim 10.1b and synthesized using Xilinx ISE 9.2i.
Keywords— Desensitized FIR filter; Vedic multiplier; Array multiplier; Multirate systems
- Alireza Mehrnia and Alan N.Willson, Jr.,Fellow, “Further desensitized FIR filter”, IEEE Transaction on circuits&systems.,vol.62,no.7, July 2015.
- A. N. Willson, Jr., “Desensitized halfband filters,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, vol. 57, pp. 152–165, Jan. 2010.
- A. Mehrnia and A. N. Willson, Jr., “Optimal factoring of FIR filters” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 647–661, Feb. 2015.
- H. G. Gockler, “Chapter 12: Most efficient digital filter structures: The potential of halfband filters in digital signal processing,” in Applications of Digital Signal Processing, C. Cuadrado-Laborde, Ed. Rijeka, Croatia: InTech, 2011.
- Ishtiaq Rasool Khan and Ryoji Ohba “Chebyshev Functions-Based New Designs of Halfband Low/Highpass Quasi-Equiripple FIR Digital Filters” EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing 2003.
- P. P. Vaidyanathan, “Multirate Systems and Filter Banks”, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, and USA: Prentice-Hall, 1993.
- Pavel Zahradnik, Boris Simak and Miroslav VIcek “Half-Band FIR Filters for Signal Compression” ICN 2011: The Tenth International Conference on Networks.
- Rajesh Mehra and Shaily Verma, “Area Efficient Interpolator Using Half-Band Symmetric Structure,” International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-1, Issue-6, January 2013.
- Sang Yoon Park, and Pramod Kumar Meher, “Efficient FPGA and ASIC Realizations of DA-Based Reconfigurable FIR Digital Filter” ”, IEEE Transaction on circuits and systems.,2014.