Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 37-39
Abstract – In wired networks, there is no fixed and dedicated link available between the nodes. So any node can access any link between any nodes. Cooperative networking is currently receiving significant attention as an emerging network design approach for upcoming mobile wireless networks. The cooperation on these networks is usually contact based. Thus, in the real world, nodes could have a selfish behavior, being unwilling to forward packets for others. Selfishness means that some nodes decline to forward other nodes packets to save their own resources. The use of watchdogs is a well-known mechanism to sense selfish nodes. However, the recognition process performed by watchdogs can fail, generating false positives and false negatives that can bring to incorrect operations. Moreover, relying on local watchdogs alone can lead to poor act when sensing selfish nodes, in term of accuracy and speed. Thus, we propose collaborative contact-based watchdog (CoCoWa) as a collaborative approach to detect Selfish nodes.
Keywords— Cooperative Networking, Contact based, Wireless Networks
- S. Abbas, M. Merabti, D. Llewellyn-Jones, and K. Kifayat, “Lightweight sybil attack detection in manets,” IEEE Syst. J., vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 236–248, Jun. 2013.
- E. Hern_andez-Orallo, M. D. Serrat, J.-C. Cano, C. M. T. Calafate, and P. Manzoni, “Improving selfish node detection in MANETsusing a collaborative watchdog,” IEEE Comm. Lett., vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 642–645, May 2012.
- Y. Li, G. Su, D. Wu, D. Jin, L. Su, and L. Zeng, “The impact of node selfishness on multicasting in delay tolerant networks,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 2224–2238, Jun. 2011.
- M. Mahmoud and X. Shen, “ESIP: Secure incentive protocol with limited use of public-key cryptography for multi hop wireless networks,” IEEE Trans. Mobile Comput., vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 997–1010, Jul. 2011.
- C. K. N. Shailender Gupta and C. Singla, “Impact of selfish node concentration in MANETs,” Int. J. Wireless Mobile Netw., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 29–37, Apr. 2011.
- S. Bansal and M. Baker, “Observation-based cooperation enforcement in ad hoc networks” arXiv:cs.NI/0307012, 2003.
- S. Buchegger and J.-Y. Le Boudee, “Self-policing mobile ad hoc networks by reputation systems,” IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 101–107, Jul. 2005.
- L. Butty_an and J.-P. Hubaux, “Enforcing service availability in mobile ad-hoc WANs,” in Proc. 1st Annu. Workshop Mobile Ad Hoc Netw. Comput., 2000, pp. 87–96.
- L. Butty_an and J.-P. Hubaux, “Stimulating cooperation in selforganizing mobile ad hoc networks,” Mobile Netw. Appl., vol. 8, pp. 579–592, 2003.
- H. Cai and D. Y. Eun, “Crossing over the bounded domain: From exponential to power-law intermeeting time in mobile ad hoc networks,” IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1578–1591, Oct. 2009.