Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 56-59
Abstract – In this paper, we have developed a telemedicine system that supports web telemedicine database services. Web telemedicine database services are of central importance to distributed systems. However, the increasing complexity and the rapid growth of the real world healthcare challenging applications make it hard to induce the database administrative staff.. Our focus will be on database management with application scenarios in dynamic telemedicine systems to increase care admissions and decrease care difficulties such as distance, travel, and time limitations. We propose three-fold approach based on data fragmentation, database web sites clustering and intelligent data distribution. This approach reduces the amount of data migrated between websites during applications’ execution; achieves cost-effective communications during applications’ processing and improves applications’ response time and throughput. The proposed approach is validated internally by measuring the impact of using our computing services’ techniques on various performance features like communications cost, response time, and throughput. The external validation is achieved by comparing the performance of our approach to that of other techniques in the literature. The results show that our integrated approach significantly improves the performance of web database systems and outperforms its counterparts.
Keywords— Fragmentation Computing Service; Data Fragmentation; Intelligent Data Distribution
- Shahidul Islam Khan, Dr.A.S.M.LatifulHoque, ”A New Technique for Database Fragmentation in Distributed Systems,” Int’l J.Computer Applications, vol. 5, no. 9, 2010, pp. 20-24.
- B. H. Guze, R. Estep, and C. Fisher, “Telemedicine: A review of its use and a proposal for application in psychiatric consultation,” Med. Inform., vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 1995.
- C. Danilowicz and N. Nguyen, “Consensus Methods for Solving Inconsistency of Replicated Data in Distributed Systems,” Distributed and Parallel Databases, vol. 14, 2003,pp. 53-69.
- Syam Menon, Member, IEEE,” Allocating Fragments in Distributed Databases” IEEE transactions on parallel and distributed systems, Vol. 16, No. 7, JULY 2005
- A. Tamhanka and S. Ram, “Database Fragmentation and Allocation: An Integrated Methodology and Case study,” IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A: systems and Humans, May, vol. 28, no. 3, 1998 pp. 288-305.
- T. Paakkala, J. Aalto, V. K¨ah¨ar¨a, and S. Sepp¨anen “Diagnostic performance of a Tele-radiology system in primary health care.”
- H. K. Huang, “Tele radiology technologies and some service models,” Computer. Med. Image. Graph. vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 59–68, 1996.
- J. E. Cabral, Jr. and Y. Kim Multimedia systems for telemedicine and their communications requirements.
- O. Ratib, Y. Ligier, and J. R. Scherrer, “Digital image management and communication in medicine,” Comput. Med. Imag. Graph. vol. 18, no.2, pp. 73–84, 1994.
- H. K. Huang et al., “Implementation of a large-scale picture archiving and communication system,” Computer. Med. Image. Graph. vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1993.
- D. F. Leotta and Y. Kim, “Requirements for picture archiving and communications,” IEEE Eng. Med. Biol. Mag. , pp. 62–69, Mar. 1993.
- A. Jain, M. Murty, and P. Flynn “Data Clustering: A Review,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 31, no. 3, 1999, pp. 264-323.
- Zahid Pervaiz, Walid G. Aref, Senior Member, IEEE, Arif Ghafoor, Fellow, IEEE, and Nagabhushana Prabhu,” Accuracy-Constrained Privacy-Preserving Access Control Mechanism for Relational Data”. IEEE Commune VOL. 26, NO. 4, pp. 1-13, APRIL 2014.