Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 72-76
Abstract – This project mainly focuses on improving overall efficiency of manufacturing line in small industries. By reducing the cycle time and distribution of work load at each work station by line balancing. The methodology adopted includes reduction of cycle time of process, identifying the man power, calculating total work load on station and distribution of work load to each workstation by using line balancing technique, in order to improve the efficiency of production line and increase overall productivity of the industry. This technique is implemented by, rearrange the existing machine layout and analyzing the manpower to the machining process, reduce the overall cycle time and finally give the new proposed layout to increase the productivity.
Keywords— line balancing (LB), cycle time reduction, proposed layout, productivity improvement, manpower
- Zupan H. And Herakovic N. (2015) Production Line Balancing With Discrete Event Simulation: A Case Study‖, IFAC-Papersonline 48-3 (2015) 2305–2311.
- W. Grzechca and L. R. Foulds (2015) ―Assembly Line Balancing Problem with Task Splitting: A Case Study‖, IFAC-Papersonline 48-3 (2015) 2002–2008.
- Olga Battaia et Al. (2014) ―Lagrangian Relaxation for Stochastic Disassembly Line Balancing Problem‖, Procedia CIRP 17 (2014) 56 – 60. 22.
- Wenqiang Zhang et. al. (2014) ―Hybrid Multiobjective Evolutionary Algorithm for Assembly Line Balancing Problem with Stochastic Processing Time‖, Procedia Computer Science 36 (2014) 587 – 592.
- AshkanMozdgir, IrajMahdavi, ImanSeyediBadeleh, MaghsudSolimanpur (2013) “Using the Taguchi method to optimize the differential evolution algorithm parameters for minimizing the workload smoothness index in simple assembly line balancing”. Mathematical and Computer Modeling, Vol.57,pp. 137–151.
- HindriyantoDwiPurnomo, Hui-Ming Wee, Hsin Rau (2013) “Two-sided assembly lines balancing with assignment restrictions”. Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol.57, pp.189–199.
- A. Al-Zuheri, L. Luong And K. Xing,‖ The Role Of Randomness Of A Manual Assembly Line With Walking Workers On Model Validation‖, Procedia Computer Science (2012),3, 233-238.
- ParamesChutima, PalidaChimklai ―Multiobjective Two- Sided Mixed-Model Assembly Line Balancing Using Particle Swarm Optimization with Negative Knowledge‖. Computers & Industrial Engineering (2012) 62, 39–55.
- N. Kamlekar1, R.C. Gupta, and A. Dalpati (2012), “Implementation of Assembly Line Balancing in a Labour Intensive Manufacturing Unit,” National Conference on Emerging Challenges for Sustainable Business, PP 1720-1730.
- D. Mahto, A Kumar (2012), “An Empirical Investigation of Assembly Line Balancing Techniques and Optimized Implementation Approach for Efficiency Improvements,” Global Journal of Researches in Engineering Mechanical and Mechanics Engineering Volume 12 Issue 3 Version 1.0 Publisher: Global Journals Inc. (USA) Online ISSN: 2249-4596 Print ISSN:0975-5861.