Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 80-82
Abstract – This leads to more efforts towards the use of waste materials with lower environmental impact The PSC Portland slag cement contains ground granulated blast furnace slag as constituent of cement . The Fly ash cement contains fly ash as cement constituent. In India slag cement has main share (about 60%) of the cement market. It is used for almost all types of concrete structures, while it is exclusive material for structures in marine environments. inclusion of Silica Fume in binder mix positively improves the strength of the matrix and its chemical resistance but can create increase in water demand, placing difficulties, plastic shrinkage etc. However. The slag, fly ash and slag and fly ash cement is mixed with silica fume as 0%, 10%, 20%, at the curing ages of 7,28 and 60 days. All these materials have certain shortfalls but a proper combination of them can compensate each other’s drawbacks which may result in a good matrix product with enhance overall quality.
Keywords— Compressive strength,cement,aggregate
- M.D.A.Thomas , M.H.Shehata et.al “ Use of ternary cementitious systems containing silica fume and fly ash in concrete “; cement and concrete research 29 (1999) 1207-1214.
- Sandor Popovics“ Portland Cement- Fly ash- Silica fume Systems in concrete “ Department of civil and Architectural Engineering, Drexel university, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Jan Bijen “ Benefits of slag and fly ash “ construction and building materials , vol. 10, no.5, pp. 309-314, 1996
- L. Lam, Y.L. Wong, and C.S. Poon “ Effect of fly ash and silica fume on compressive and fracture behaviors of concrete “ Cement and Concrete research, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 271-283, 1988
- TahirGonen and SalihYazicioglu“ The influence of mineral admixtures on the short and long term performances of concrete” department of construction education, Firat Un