Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 102-106
Abstract – A catastrophe is a violent and sudden change in a feature impacting humans in a large scale. Whether it is natural or man-made event for which response has to be quick. For prompt and effective responses, an adequate technologically competent assistance response system is necessary. Currently there is a need of tools for providing prompt assistance to victims by preparing a comprehensive and prompt response plan for catastrophes. The plan should include providing routes for victims to reach safe locations and emergency personal to reach affected areas using GIS. The proposed system is a modeling tool for effective plan and response for natural catastrophes.
Keywords— Geographic Information System, Catastrophe, Response, QGIS, Shortest Path
- Lake,R. (2000) Making Maps With Geography Markup Language(GML), http://www.galdosinc.com/files/MakingMapsInGML2.pdf
- www.wikipedia.com – Haversine Distance
- “Geographic Information Systems Providing the Platform for Comprehensive Emergency Management”, An ESRI ® White Paper • October 2008
- “Identifying Special Needs Populations in Hazard Zones: How to Use Tapestry Segmentation for Disaster Evacuation Planning “, An ESRI ® White Paper • June 2011
- Marco Dorigo,” Ant Colony System: A Cooperative Learning Approach to the Traveling Salesman Problem”, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, VOL. 1, NO. 1, APRIL 1997
- Joseph Kempka,”Finding Shortest paths with Artificial Ants”,The University of Sheffield, 10 September 2012.
- Lake, R., Burggraf, David S., Trninic, M., Rae, L. (2004): Geography Markup Language – Foundation for the Geo-Web. John Willey & Sons Ltd.
- Clemens Portele (2012): OGC® Geography Markup Language (GML) — Extended schemas and encoding rules, OpenGIS® Implementation Standard Version 3.3.0, OGC Reference. No. OGC 10-129r1.
- Galdos system, Inc(2003): Developing and Managing GML Application Schemas- A Best Practices Guide prepared by Galdos Systems Inc.
- Zhong-Ren Peng and Chuanrong Zhang,” The roles of geography markup language (GML),scalable vector graphics (SVG), and Web feature service (WFS) specifications in the development of Internet
- geographic information systems (GIS)”,Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer-Verlag 2004,6:95-116
- Kwang Mong Sim and Weng Hong Sun,” Ant Colony Optimization for Routing and Load-Balancing: Survey and New Directions”, in IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part A: Systems and Humans, vol. 33, no. 5, September 2003, Pg.No: 560-572
- GISE Advanced Research Lab at IIT, Bombay http://www.gise.cse.iitb.ac.in/
- J.W.Wang, W.H.Ip and W.J.Zhang “An Integrated Road Construction and Resource Planning Approach to the Evacuation of Victims From Single Source to Multiple Destinations” , IEEE transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.11,No.2,June 2010
- F Samadzadegan, N Zarrinpanjeh T Schenkb,” Ant Colony Optimization for finding best routes in disaster affected urban area”