Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 9-11
Abstract – In this paper, we are using new algorithms to find the optimal, energy preserving, paths from Source Node (SN) to the Base Station (BS) in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs). Optimality is defined in a constrained sense, in which the minimal energy route is sought (to maximize the lifespan of WSNs) under reliability constraint, meaning that each packet must reach the BS with a given probability. Energy efficiency is going to be achieved by selecting nodes for multi-hop packet forwarding under information, which yields the most evenly distributed energy state over the network after the packet has reached the BS. The new algorithm gave good results with any BS positioning in sensor networks. The simulation results will demonstrate that our algorithm is more efficient than the other routing protocols proposed before. In this paper, we propose a new algorithm under name HQRA (High Quality of service Routing Algorithm), which is able to find near-optimal paths in WSNs by minimizing the energy but guaranteing a given level of reliability, as well.
Keywords— Base station (BS); Source node (SN); HQRA (High Quality of service Routing Algorithm)
- P. T. A. Quang and D.-S. Kim, “Enhancing Real-Time Delivery of Gradient Routing for Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks,” Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 61–68, 2012.
- T. He, J. Stankovic, C. Lu, and T. Abdelzaher, “SPEED: A Stateless Protocol for Real-Time Communication in Sensor Networks,” in Proc. of IEEE ICDCS, pp. 46–55, 2003.
- R. Sivakumar, P. Sinha, and V. Bharghavan, “CEDAR: Core Extraction Distributed Ad Hoc Routing Algorithm,” IEEE JSAC, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1454–1465, 1999.
- S. Chen and K. Nahrstedt, “Distributed Quality-of-Service Routing in Ad Hoc Networks,” IEEE JSAC, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1488–1505, 1999.
- B. Hughes and V. Cahill, “Achieving Real-Time Guarantees in Mobile Ad Hoc Wireless Networks,” in Proc. of IEEE Real-Time Systems Symp., 2003.
- E. Felemban, C.-G. Lee, and E. Ekici, “MMSPEED: Multipath Multi- SPEED Protocol for QoS Guarantee of Reliability and Timeliness in Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 738–754, 2003.
- C. Lu, B. Blum, T. Abdelzaher, J. Stankovic, and T. He, “RAP: A Real- Time Communication Architecture for Large-Scale Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proc. IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), 2002.
- M. Caccamo, L. Zhang, L. Sha, and G. Buttazzo, “An Implicit Prioritized Access Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proc. of IEEE Real- Time Systems Symp. (RTSS), pp. 39–48, 2002.
- P. Levis, N. Lee, M. Welsh, and D. Culler, “TOSSIM: Accurate and Scalable Simulation of Entire TinyOS Applications,” in Proc. of ACM SenSys, pp. 126–137, 2003.
- T. Chen, J. Tsai, and M. Gerla, “QoS Routing Performance in Multihop Multimedia Wireless Networks,” in Proc. of IEEE International Conf. Universal Personal Comm, pp. 557–561, 1997.