Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 19-22
Abstract – In this paper, the fabrication methods andCharacterization aluminium and cenosphere composite are discussed. Composite are most successful and widely materials used now a days in the various types of industries as these exhibit significantly improved properties including low density, good wear resistance & hardness as compared to alloys or any other metal. Aluminium as metal matrix and cenosphere as reinforcement has been used since it has various applications in aircraft and space industries because of lower weight to strength ratio. Among various reinforced materials used, cenosphere , is the one of thecheapest and low density reinforcement which is available as waste product after the coal is burnt in thermal power plants. Hence aluminium metal matrix with cenosphere as reinforcement can easily overcome the cost barrier and has serve best supplement having different physical and mechanical properties for serving wide range of applications.
Keywords— Aluminium, fabrication, Composite, reinforcement, cenosphere.
- A.K Dhingra “metal replacement by composite” JOM 1986 Vol 38 ,(03),p 17.
- R.L. Trumber Met. Mater, Vol 3, 1987, P.P.662
- MechmetAclier, Ferhatgul “ Effect of applied load and sliding distance and oxidation on the dry sliding behavior of Al-10 Si/Cp composite produced by vacuum infiltration techniques.Journal of materials & design”Vol .25, (2204) pp209-217
- Thakur .R.S &Sant B.R., J.Sc.Ind Res 1974; 33(8) , 408 -19 ChemAbstr 1975,57,159934x.
- Harvath G. &Illyes J., BanyaszKohaszLopak, Kohasz (1975); ChemAbstr, 1975, 83,19654k.
- Thakur .R.S, Muralithar J, &Sant B.R., Chem age of india
- N.Eustathopoulos, D.Hatain and L.oudurier, “Wetting And Interfacial chemistry in liquid metal eramic systems” Mat.Sci.Engg, Vol135A 1991 , pp 83-88
- M.Taya&R.J.Arsenault, “Metal Matrix Composite Thermo mechanical behavior”, peragamon press,1989
- Rohatgi P.K (2006) “Applications of fly ash synthesizing low cost MMC for automotive and other engineering applications”, JOM,Vol 58, issue no.11, pp71-76,2006
- R.A. Higgins“ Properties of Engg. Materials”, holder & Stoughton,1986
- M.SZedias ,P.S Gilman and S.K. Das “ High temperature Al based composites”’ “High performance composite” for the 1990’s eds.
- Ferdinand .A.A &Gregorie R.R., Frl , 157 ,477 May 29, 1958, ChemAbstr 1960, 54 , 19430e.
- Elmer P, FreibergerForschugsh , B67 117 – 30 (1962); ChemAbstr 197,82,1599334x.
- S.Tjong , S.Q. Wu, and H. Liao; “Wear behavior Al 12% Si alloy reinforced with a low volume fraction of Si particles” , Journal of composite science and technology, Vol-57,Issue -2,Dec 1997,pp 1551-1558.
- S.TjongH.Z.Wang and S.Q.Wu “Wear behavior Al based MMC reinforced with perform of aluminosilicate fiber” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, Vol 27A , (1996) 2385-2389
- M.SinghD.P.Mondal “ Development of light weight aluminium alloy hard particle composite using natural minerals for wear resistance application . National conventions on emerging materials on wear applications. Paper no TS -4/5, 2003 ,Bhobal.