Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 23-28
Abstract – The issue of security is very important in many departments nowadays especially in medical field. Advanced Encryption Standard(AES) is one of the most secure algorithm and it is used widely in many applications. Hence to aid security for transmission of secret information (medical images) by AES algorithm is used in the proposed method. In previous methods, encryption of images using AES algorithm was not compatible with compression. In this paper, the method of encrypting the image using AES and then compressing the encrypted image using Haar wavelet transform to utilize the channel resources efficiently is introduced. AES has been already accepted as a standard algorithm. Haar wavelet is one of the simplest of all wavelets and used for efficient compression. The proposed method assures the strong security of information and recovers the image without any loss of image quality.
Keywords— Image encryption and decryption; AES algorithm; Haar wavelet transform; Image recovery; Entropy
- Agnieszka Lisowska, PiotrPorwik,”The Haar–Wavelet Transform in DigitalImage Processing”(2007)
- AjayNagendra,Murthy .N, Kishore V.V.S.,Pratap Reddy P.S,”Smoothing and optimal compression of encrypted grayscale images”, June-2012. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications) Vol. 2, Issue 3, ISSN: 2248-9622
- Alfalou A. and Mansour A, “All optical video-image encryption enforced security level using ica,” Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, vol. 9, pp. 787–796, 2007.
- Alkoldi. A, Alfalou A. and Hamam.H. A new approach for optical colored image compression using the JPEG standards. Journal of signal processing, Vol. 87, No. 4, Page(s): 569 – 583, April 2007.
- Ashish Jagmohan ,CarmitHazay, Demijan Klinc, Hugo Krawczcy and Tal Rabin,”On compression of data encrypted with block ciphers” November 2012, IEEE transaction on information theory,Vol. 58, No. 11.
- Dinesh Acharya U, Hemalathas.S , Kamathm, Priya R ,Renuka A, “A secure color image steganography in transform domain “,March-2013, International Journal on Cryptography and Information Security (IJCIS), Vol.3, No.1
- Gonzalez R. Cand R. E Woods. Digital Image Processing. Prentice-Hall edition, ISBN: 0-13-094650-8, 2002.
- Goudail .F, Bollaro.F, Javidi .B, and Refregier. P, Influence of a perturbation in a double phase encoding system. J. Opt. Soc. Am. A,Vol. 15, Page(s): 2629-2638, 1998
- Lina Dong , Qiuming Yao Wei Liu, WenjunZeng,”Resolution-progressive Compression of Encrypted Grayscale Images “Image Processing, 2008.(ICIP) 15th IEEE International Conference on 2208 – 2211
- Mansour A, Barros A. K, and Ohnishi N, “Blind separation of sources: Methods, assumptions and applications,” IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol. E83-A, no. 8, pp. 1498–1512, 2000.
- Mauro Barni ,Riccardo Lazzeretti, ,” Lossless compression of encrypted grey-level and color images “16th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2008), Lausanne, Switzerland, August 25-29, 2008.
- Samson and Sastry V.U.K,“A Novel Image Encryption Supported by Compression Using Multilevel Wavelet Transform” 2012 (IJACSA) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 9, 2012
- Sawda R. El, Alfalou .A, Keryer .G and Assoum .A, Image Encryption and Decryption by Means of anOptical Phase Mask. Proceeding of IEEE (ICTTA06-IEEE), Page(s): 1474-1477,Vol. 1, 24-28 April, 2006.
- Xinpeng Zhang, Yanli Ren, Liquan Shen, Zhenxing Qian, and Guorui Feng , “Compressing encrypted images with auxiliary information” , April 2014 ,IEEE Transactions on Volume:16 , Issue: 5 1327 – 1336