Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 05 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 34-36
Abstract – Cognitive Radio is a new technology that has the potential to deal with the scarcity of the underutilized radio spectrum. The spectrum utilization can be improved by spectrum sensing where the unlicensed users are provided with opportunity to access the licensed bands when the primary or licensed users are inactive. Energy Detection technique is to improve the spectrum sensing performance. The signal to noise ratio is analyzed for the different probability of false alarm values. Simulation results investigating the performance of reporting channel and presented in various practical scenarios.
Keywords— Cognitive Radio-Energy Detection-SNR-BER- Fading Environment
- J. Mitola III and G. Q. Maguire, Jr., “Cognitive radio: Making software radios more personal,” IEEE Personal Commuicatios Magazine, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 13-18, Aug. 1999.
- Saqib Saleem and Khurram Shahzad, “Performance Evaluation of Energy Detection Based Spectrum Sensing Technique for Wireless Channel”, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 31-34, May 2012.
- Mahmood A. Abdulsattar and Zahir A. Hussein, “Energy Detection Technique for Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio: A Survey” , International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications,Vol.4, No.5,PP. 223-242 September 2012.
- Amandeep Kaur Virk, Ajay K Sharma, “BER Performance Analysis of Cognitive Radio Physical Layer over Rayleigh fading Channel”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), Volume 25– No.11, July 2011.
- Md. Shamim Hossain, Md. Ibrahim Abdullah, Mohammad Alamgir Hossain, “Energy Detection Performance of Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio”, I.J. Information Technology and Computer Science, 11,11-17,2012.
- Shrikrishan Yadav, Akhilesh Saini, Krishna Chandra Roy, “In Cognitive Radio the Analysis of Bit-Error- Rate (BER) by using PSO Algorithm”, International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering Vol:6, No:8,pp789-792, 2012.
- Rania Mokhtar, et al, “Distributed Cooperative Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Networks with Adaptive Detection Threshold”, Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Advanced Network v. 30, p. 90-99, 2010.