Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 45-49
Abstract – Ceramic Waste insulator is an E-waste (Electrical Waste) where we used this material in our project as coarse aggregate. In Ceramic Industry about 30 % production goes as waste, and in testing 10 % which cannot be recycled. The special thing in this waste is a permanent waste. There is no technology in recycling this waste. Ceramic insulator is a material which are born from clay, quartz, alumina and feldspar and covered with a smooth glaze to shed water. Ceramic materials may be in crystalline ceramics and Non-crystalline ceramics.In our project we made an attempt to find the suitable material to replace of coarse aggregate. And we tried and replaced the ceramic waste insulator as coarse aggregate. We used M30 grade of concrete mix proportion of 1: 1.275: 2.395 for Conventional concrete and 1: 1.275: 2.235 for Ceramic concrete with water cement ratio as 0.45. We replaced the ceramic aggregate in 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.The properties of the aggregates were also compared.
Keywords— Ceramic, Compressive strength, Splitting tensile strength, Flexural Strength, Fine aggregate
- Concrete Technology (Theory and Practice) by “M.S.Shetty” which are Published by Chand.
- Rashed Adan, Chan, Md. Fakhrual (2003) Structure-property relationship in high-tension ceramic insulator fired at high temperature, Material Science and Engineering B106 (2004) PP (132- 140).
- RM.Senthamarai and P.Devadas Manoharan (2005),’Concrete with Ceramic Waste’, Cement & Concrete Composites 27.PP.(910-913)
- Ruzadi & Al Abakri (2006) , ‘Concrete Ceramic Waste Slab’. Journal of Engineering Research & Education Vol.3, 2006.PP(139-145)
- M. Veera Reddy (2010), ‘Investigation on Stone Dust and Ceramic Scrap as a replacement in Concrete’, International Journal of Civil & Structural Engineering, Vol.3,2010,PP(661-666)
- Torgal, Jalali (2010) ‘Compressive Strength and Durability Properties of Ceramics Wastes Based Concrete’, Material and Structures, DOI10.1617/s11527-010-9616-6.
- Raval, Indrajit, Jayeshkumar Pitroda (2013) ‘Ceramic Waste: Effective Replacement of Cement for Estalishing Sustainable Concrete’, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) Volume-4 Issue-6 PP(2324-2329).
- Punit, Jatin, Arjun, Piyush, Akhil and Nitin (2014) ‘Mix Design for Cncrete eith Crushed Ceramic Tiles as Coarse Aggregate’, International Journal of Civil Engineering Research. ISSN 2278-3652 Volume-5, Number-2.PP (151-154).
- Mandavi, Vikas, Agarwal, (2015) ‘Durability of Concrete with Ceramic Waste as a Fine Aggregate’, International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research (IJETR) ISSN: 2321-0869(O) 2454- 4698(P), Volume-3 Issue- 8.