Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 67-70
Abstract – Construction management is an important branch in Civil Engineering, which deals with effective and efficient management of any construction work. The essentials of construction management are functional utility, structural stability, economy, speed and quality of construction and labour productivity. In this project work, Human resource management and quality of work in labour productivity is analysed. In analysis part, scheduling with respect to cost and time will be performed using the MS PROJECT software. By doing so, amount of increase in cost and time labour productivity can be found. So we recommend HRM technique for the optimization of time and cost because of which early completion of the project is ensured. The project also includes visiting few construction companies conducting questionnaire survey then analysing the difficulties due to cost and time. Finally we conclude that improvement of Human Resource Management in construction provides a better quality in the labour production.
Keywords— Quality, cost, Time, Labour, HRM
- Rao Subba.P., (1996). `Human Resource Management in the New Millennium.NewDelhi: Himalaya publishing house.
- Aswathappa.K., (1999). Human Resource and Personnel Management `New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill publishing.
- Alderfer, C.P. Organizational Behavior and Human Performance. . An empirical test of a new theory of human needs. (1969)
- Human Resource Selection.RobertD.Gatewood.5th edition. 2001.
- Bill Macaler and Jones Shannon, Does HR planning improve business performance? Industrial Management, January/ February 2003.
- CAOYing “Quality Control of Construction Projects” IN Industrial Engineering and Management PROGRAMME 20 MAY 2010.
- Abdel-Razek, R. (1998). Quality improvement in Egypt: Methodology and implementation.
- Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 124(5), 354–360,
- Al-Momani, A.H. (2000). Examining service quality within construction processes.Technovation,20(11),643–651.
- Arditi, D., & Lee, D. (2003). Assessing the corporate service quality performance of design-build contrac-tors using quality function deployment.Construction Management and Economics, 21(2), 175–185.