Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 71-74
Abstract – Material is the main component in construction projects. Therefore,if the material management is not properly managed it will create a project cost variance. To maintain sufficient stock of raw material in period of short supply. In construction project operation, often there is a project cost variance in term of the material, equipment’s, manpower, subcontractor, overhead cost, and general condition. Poor planning and control of material, lack of material when needed, poor identification of material, re-handling and inadequate storage cause losses in labour productivity and overall delays that can indirectly increase total project cost. To improve different material management for successful completion of construction project sites. Cost analysis is to evaluate information other than cost or pricing data. Methodologies and analysis are demonstrated in this paper using an example of real time project. Primavera P6 software is used for project . Construction cost estimating, control and analysis are the main tools in construction project management. Construction cost estimating goals, methods and accuracy differ according to the stage of construction project.
Keywords— Construction Material, Management, Maintenance, Cost Estimation, Cost Analysis
- K.V. Patel, C.M. Vyas “Construction material management on project sites”, national conference on recent trends in engineering and technology,1314 May 2011.
- Bell, L. C. and Stukhart, G, ”Cost and Benefits of Materials Management Systems Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 113, No. 2, 1987,pp 222-234.
- D.U. Kini “The material management is key to successful project management”, journal of management in engineering/January/February 1999.
- Chetna M. Vyas “Construction Materials Management on Project Sites” Department of Civil Engineering Vallabh Vidhya nagar, Gujarat, India National Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology May 13-14 2011.
- A.A. Lakade and A.K. Gupta, “A Project Management Approach using Primavera in Construction Industry”, International Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, ISSN: 2278-1684
- Burke, R., “Project Management, Planning and Control Techniques.” Chichester, John Wiley and Sons.Inc. 2003.