Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 5-9
Abstract – The aim of this paper is to investigate the rate in which sink node Relocation occur in order to improve the efficiency of wireless sensor networks. We consider the problem of energy in routing over adaptively duty-cycled wireless sensor networks. We model the problem as the energy-dependent sink node problem. We show that such networks satisfy the sink relocation property, which makes the energy-dependent sink node problem solvable in short time. Using the EASR (energy aware sink relocation) we propose a fast distributed algorithm to construct all-to-one shortest paths with polynomial message complexity and energy complexity. The algorithm determines the shortest paths for all discrete times in a single execution, in contrast with multiple executions needed by previous solutions and energy aware sink relocation. The results reveal that our algorithms are more efficient than previous solutions in terms of message cost and space cost and energy saving.
Keywords— Ad-hoc Network; Energy Efficient; Relocation
- M. Marta and M. Cardei., “Using sink mobility to increase wireless sensor networks life- time” IEEE World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, Page(s):1-10, 23-26 June 2008.
- S. Kataria and A. Jain., “Bio Inspired Optimal Relocation of Mobile Sink Nodes in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Emerging Trends in Communication, Control, Signal Processing and Application IEEE,Page(s)1-6, 2013.
- A. M. Leili , M. Khanli and M. Zeynali., “DBSR: Dynamic base station Repositioning using Genetic algorithm in wireless sensor network,” In IEEE Second International Conference on Computer Engineering and Applications, Page(s):521-525, Vol 2, 2010.
- T. Chang-geng, X. Ke, W. Jian-xin and C. Song-qiao, “A sink moving scheme based on local residual energy of nodes in wireless sensor networks,” J. Cent. South Univ. Technol,Springer,16: Page(s)0265-0268, (2009).
- L. B. Saad and B. Tourancheau., “Towards an E_cient Positioning of Mobile Sinks in Wireless Sensor Networks inside Buildings,” New Technologies, Mobility and Security(NTMS), International Conference IEEE,Page(s)1-5, 20-23 Dec 2009.
- C. Wang, J. Shih, B. Pan, and T. Wu., “A Network Lifetime Enhancement Method for Sink Relocation and Its Analysis in. Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, VOL. 14, NO. 6,Page(s): 1932 – 1943,June 2014.
- G. S. Sara and D. Sridharan, “Routing in mobile wireless sensor network: A survey,” Telecommun. Syst., Aug. 2013.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayiric, “Wireless sensor networks: A survey,” Comput. Netw., vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, Mar. 2002.
- P. Ferrari, A. Flammini, D. Marioli, and A. Taroni, “IEEE802.11 sensor networking,” IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 615–619, Apr. 2006.
- C. M. Cordeiro and D. P. Agrawal, Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks: Theory and Applications. Singapore: World Scientiﬁc, Mar. 2006.
- N. Jain and D. P. Agrawal, “Current trends in wireless sensor network design,” Int. J. Distrib. Sensor Netw., vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 101–122, 2005.
- Y. Zou and K. Chakrabarty, “A distributed coverage and connectivity centric technique for selecting active nodes in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 978–991, Aug. 2005.
- D. Tian and N. D. Georganas, “A node scheduling scheme for energy conservation in large wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Commun. Mobile Comput., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 271–290, Mar. 2003.
- F. Delicato, F. Protti, L. Pirmez, and J. F. Rezende, “An efﬁcient heuristic for selecting active nodes in wireless sensor networks,” Comput. Netw., vol. 50, no. 18, pp. 3701–3720, Dec. 2006.
- A. Manjeshwar, Q. Zeng, and D. P. Agrawal, “An analytical model for information retrieval in wireless sensor networks using enhanced APTTEN protocol,” IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 1290–1302, Dec. 2002.
- X. Hong, M. Gerla, W. Hanbiao, and L. Clare, “Load balanced, energy- aware communications for Mars sensor networks,” in Proc. IEEE Aerosp. Conf., vol. 3. May 2002, pp. 1109–1115.
- S. C. Huang and R. H. Jan, “Energy-aware, load balanced routing schemes for sensor networks,” in Proc. 10th Int. Conf. Parallel Distrib. Syst., Jul. 2004, pp. 419–425.
- R. C. Shah and J. Rabaey, “Energy aware routing for low energy ad hoc sensor networks,” in Proc. IEEE Wireless Commun. Netw. Conf., vol. 1. Mar. 2002, pp. 350–355.
- H. R. Karkvandi, E. Pecht, and O. Yadid-Pecht, “Effective lifetime-aware routing in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 3359–3367, Dec. 2011.
- I. S. AlShawi, Y. Lianshan, P. Wei, and L. Bin, “Lifetime enhancement in wireless sensor networks using fuzzy approach and A-star algorithm,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 3010–3018, Oct. 2012.