Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 116-120
Abstract – A data discovery and dissemination protocol for wireless sensor networks (WSNs) is responsible for updating configuration parameters of, and distributing management commands to, the sensor nodes. All existing data discovery and dissemination protocols suffer from two drawbacks. First, they are based on the centralized approach; only the base station can distribute data items. Such an approach is not suitable for emergent multi-owner-multi-user WSNs. Second, those protocols were not designed with security in mind and hence adversaries can easily launch attacks to harm the network. This paper proposes the first secure and distributed data discovery and dissemination protocol named SDiDrip. It allows the network owners to authorize multiple network users with different privileges to simultaneously and directly disseminate data items to the sensor nodes. Moreover, as demonstrated by our theoretical analysis, it addresses a number of possible security vulnerabilities that we have identified. Extensive security analysis show SDiDrip is provably secure. We also implement SDiDrip in an experimental network of resource-limited sensor nodes to show its high efficiency in practice.
Keywords— wireless sensor networks (WSNs), SDiDrip , DIP and Drip, DHV
- J. W. Hui and D. Culler, “The dynamic behavior of a data dissemination protocol for network programming at scale,” in Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. Embedded Netw. Sensor Syst., 2004, pp. 81–94.
- D. He, C. Chen, S. Chan, and J. Bu, “DiCode: DoS-resistant and distributed code dissemination in wireless sensor networks,”IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1946–1956, May2012.
- T.Dang,N. Bulusu,W. Feng, and S. Park, “DHV:Acode consistency maintenance protocol for multi-hop wireless sensor networks,” in Proc. 6th Eur. Conf.Wireless Sensor Netw., 2009, pp. 327–342.
- G. Tolle and D. Culler, “Design of an application-cooperative management system for wireless sensor networks,” in Proc. Eur. Conf. Wireless Sensor Netw., 2005, pp. 121–132.
- K. Lin and P. Levis, “Data discovery and dissemination with DIP,” in Proc. ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. Inf. Process. Sensor Netw., 2008, pp. 433–444.
- M. Ceriotti, G. P. Picco, A. L. Murphy, S. Guna, M. Corra, M. Pozzi, D. Zonta, and P. Zanon, “Monitoring heritage buildings with wireless sensor networks: The Torre Aquila deployment,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Inf. Process. Sensor Netw., 2009, pp. 277–288.  D. He, S. Chan, S. Tang, and M. Guizani, “Secure data discovery and dissemination based on hash tree for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 4638– 4646, Sep. 2013
- M. Rahman, N. Nasser, and T. Taleb, “Pairing-based secure timing synchronization for heterogeneous sensor networks,” in Proc. IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf., 2008, pp. 1–5.
- Geoss. [Online]. Available: http://www.epa.gov/geoss/  NOPP. [Online]. Available: http://www.nopp.org/
- ORION.[Online].Available:http://www.joiscience.org/ocean observing/advisors
- P. Levis, N. Patel, D. Culler, and S. Shenker, “Trickle: A self-regulating algorithm for code maintenance and propagation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proc. 1st Conf. Symp. Netw. Syst. Design Implementation, 2004, pp. 15–28.
- A. Perrig, R. Canetti, D. Song, and J. Tygar, “Efficient and secure source authentication for multicast,” in Proc. Netw. Distrib. Syst.Security Symp., 2001, pp. 35–46.
- Y. Chen, I. Lin, C. Lei, and Y. Liao, “Broadcast authentication in sensor networks using compressed bloom filters,” in Proc. 4thIEEE Int. Conf. Distrib. Comput. Sensor Syst., 2008, pp. 99–111.
- R. Merkle, “Protocols for public key cryptosystems,” in Proc. IEEE Security Privacy, 1980, pp. 122–134.
- M. Bellare and P. Rogaway, “Collision-resistant hashing: Towards making UOWHFs practical,” in Proc. Adv. Cryptology, 1997,pp. 56–73.
- A. Perrig, R. Canetti, J. Tygar, and D. Song, “Efficient authentication and signing of multicast streams over lossy channels,” in Proc. IEEE Security Privacy, 2000, pp. 56–73.
- OpenSSL. [Online]. Available: http://www.openssl.org
- A. Liu and P. Ning, “TinyECC: A configurable library for elliptic curve cryptography in wireless sensor networks,” in Proc. ACM/ IEEE Inf. Process. Sensor Netw., 2008, pp. 245–256.