Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 192-194
Abstract – Full cooperative diversity gains to be achieved while still maintaining spectral and energy efficiency, relay assignment schemes for cooperative communications have been extensively studied in recent research. These schemes select only the best relay from multiple relaying candidates to cooperate with a communication link. However, it is challenging to ﬁnd the optimal relay in distributed wireless networks because of the dynamic nature of such networks. In this paper, we ﬁrst formulate the problem of relay assignment as a no cooperative, mixed-strategy, repeated game, where relaying candidates are modeled as rational players. We then propose a game-theory-based relay assignment scheme GTRA, in which each player plays against all the other players and determines whether to cooperate with a communication link on a packet-by packet basis in a distributed manner.
Keywords – GTRA; Relay Assignment; Wireless Networks
- H.K. Le, D. Henriksson, and T.F. Abdelzaher. A practical multi-channelmedia access control protocol for wireless sensor networks. In Proc. IPSN 2008, pages 70–81, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, 2008.
- G. Zhou, C.D. Huang, T. Yan, T. He, J.A. Stankovic, and T.F. Adbelza-her.Mmsn: Multi-frequency media access control for wireless sensor networks. In Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2006, pages 1–13, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain, 2006.
- Q. Yu, J. Chen, Y. Sun, Y. Fan, and X. Shen. Regret matching based channel assignment for wireless sensor networks. In Proc. IEEE ICC 2010, Cape Town, South Africa, 2010.
- Z. Tang and J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves. Hop reservation multiple access for multichannel packet radio networks. Computer Communications, 23(10):877–886, 2000.
- A. Raniwala and T. Chiueh. Architecture and algorithm for an ieee 802.11-based multi-channel wireless mesh network. In Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2005, pages 2223– 2234, Miami, Florida, USA, 2005.
- J. So and N. Vaidya. Multi-channel mac for ad-hoc networks: Handling multi-channel hidden terminal using a single transceiver. In Proc. ACM MOBIHOC 2004, pages 222–233, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo, Japan, 2004.
- R. Vedantham, S. Kakumanu, S. Lakshmanan, and R. Sivakumar.Component based channel assignment in single radio, multi-channel adhoc networks. In Proc. ACM MOBICOM 2006, pages 378–389, LosAngeles, CA, USA, 2006.
- Y. Bi, K.H. Liu, L.X. Cai, X. Shen, and H. Zhao. A multi-channeltoken ring protocol for QoS provisioning in inter-vehicle communica-tions. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 8(11):5621–5631, 2009.
- X.D. Wang, X.R. Wang, X. Fu, G.L. Xing, and N. Jha.Flow-basedreal-time communication in multi-channel wireless sensor networks.InProc. EWSN 2009, pages 33–52, Cork, Ireland, 2009.
- Y.F. Wu, J.A. Stankovic, T. He, and S. Lin. Realistic and efficientmulti-channel communications in wireless sensor networks. In Proc.IEEE INFOCOM 2008, pages 1193–1201, Phoenix, AZ, USA, 2008.
- J. Chen, Q. Yu, P. Cheng, Y. Sun, Y. Fan, and X. Shen.Game theoretical approach for channel allocation in wireless sensor and actuator networks.IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 56(10):2332–2344, October 2011.
- A. A. Bertossi, C. M. Pinotti, and R. B. Tan. Channel assignment with separation for interference avoidance in wireless networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 14(3):222–235, March 2003.
- Y. Wang, W. Wang, X. Li, and W. Song. Interference-aware jointrouting and tdma link scheduling for static wireless networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 19(12):1709–1726, December 2008.
- W. Wang, X. Li, and W. Song. Interference-aware joint routing and tdma link scheduling for static wireless networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 19(12):1709–1726, December 2008.
- J.B. Zhang, G. Zhou, C.D. Huang, S.H. Son, and J.A. Stankovic.Tmmac: An energy efficient multi-channel mac protocol for ad hoc networks. In Proc. IEEE ICC 2007, pages 3554–3561, Glasgow, Scotland, 2007.
- Y. Kim, H. Shin, and H. Cha. Y-mac: An energy-efficient multi-channel mac protocol for dense wireless sensor networks. In Proc. IPSN 2008, pages 53–63, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, 2008.
- F. Wu, S. Zhong, and C. Qiao.Strong-incentive, high-throughput channel assignment for noncooperative wireless networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 19(12):1808–1821, December 2010.
- Y. Ding, K. Pongaliur, and L. Xiao. Channel allocation and routing in hybrid multichannel multiradio wireless mesh networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 12(2):206–218, February 2013.
- R. E. Irwin, A. B. MacKenzie, and L. A. DaSilva.Resource-minimized channel assignment for multi-transceiver cognitive radio networks. IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications, 31(3):442–450, March 2013.
- E. Z. Tragos, S. Zeadally, A. G. Fragkiadakis, and V. A. Siris. Spectrum assignment in cognitive radio networks: A comprehensive survey. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 15(3):1108–1135, Third Quarter 2013