Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 205-208
Abstract – Flood is one in all the foremost devastating natural disaster within the developing country. today wireless sensing element networks(WSN) square measure nearly used everyplace i.e..,both residential areas, and undeveloped places on the subject of the stream. Therefore embedded systems plays important role to cut back risks thanks to a rise water level swollen affected areas. the present system warning alert regarding the flood is send through (SMS) and sirens, therefore have a delay to send AN early flood warning. the govt. spends ton of cash for flooding injury. In order to cut back the value, government has to implement such reasonably advanced technology(i.e flood observation system exploitation open hardware and software) as a warning and alert system to expeditiously monitor the crucial flood prone areas in real time basis. This project additional proposes AN innovative cheap framework for observation system designed to produce early warning for natural disaster via a automatic voice decision and social network like facebook and twitter notifications.
Keywords – Embedded system ,Arduino yun, solar battery, a rechargeable battery, unhearable sensing element, wireless local area network net property
- ”Flood sensing framework by arduino and wireless sensor network in rural-rwanda”Ryuji Matsunaga,kobe institute of technology.(may 2015).
- Massimo banzi(may 2014),”Flood monitoring system”K.V.G college of engineering,sullia affiliated ti vtu Begalum ,India.
- ZahooZ Ahmad, Eshan u,asad,Abubakr Muhammad,(june 2013)”Design of zigbee based wireless sensing and early monitoring and warning system”.
- Republic of Rwanda, Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources(2009, p.1), Strategic Plan for the Transformation of Agriculture in Rwanda – Phase II
- John F. May, Alex Kamurase,(2009), Demographic growth and development prospects in Rwanda: Implications for the World Bank. June 4-16,2009. Kigali-Rwanda.
- James Floyd Kelly and Harold Tmmis (2013), Arduino Adventures:Escape from Gemini Station .
- Shivaray Shenoy.A, Shrinath P.S, Sharath. S, Balapradeep K.N (June2014) Water Level Monitoring and Flood Alert System : K.V.G College of Engineering, Sullia Affiliated to VTU Belgaum, India.
- Remedios G.A, Johnver B. Bautista, Kim Carla B. Lleno, Katrina Hazel R. Malagday, Mark Anthony D. Muya (May 2014), Road Flood Sensor with Web and Mobile Application Support : Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Sta. Mesa, Manila.
- Daniel C. Clay, Valerie Kelly, Edson Mpyisi and Thomas Reardon, Input Use Conservation Investments among Farm Households in Rwanda : Patterns and Determinants.
- Professor Sir David King, Megan Cole, Ministry of Natural Resources under the Government of Rwanda, Green Growth and Climate resilience- National Strategy for Climate Change and Low Carbon Development,October 2011: Kigali-Rwanda.
- Maneesha V. Ramesh (2009), Real-time Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide Detection , 2009 Third International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, AMRITA University, India.
- Harminder Kaur, Ravinder Singh Sawhney, Navita Komal, Wireless Sensor Networks for Disaster Management , in the International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology, Volume 1, Issue 5, July 2012: Guru Nanark Dev Univesity, India.
- Dr. Antoine Nsabimana, Dr. Chipo Mubaya, Dr. Jon Padgham, Report on the Rwanda Science-Policy Dialogue on Climate Change , 14-15October 2010: Kigali-Rwanda.
- Olof Drakenberg, Emilie Cesar, Environment and climate change policy brief-Rwanda , May 22, 2013: Rwanda.
- Republic of Rwanda. National Institute of Statistics (2012), Population and House Census .
- Massimo Banzi (2012), Q&A with Massimo Banzi: Cofounder of Arduino. Techspecs,. Available from: http://blog.radioshack.com/2012/02/qa-with-massimo-banzi-cofounderof- arduino/
- Stelios Zachariadis and Theodore H. Kaskalis (March 2012), An Embedded System for Smart Vineyard Agriculture : University of Macedonia, Greece.
- Jacques Panchard, P.R. Seshagiri Rao, M.S. Seshshayee, et al. (2009), Wireless sensor networking for rain-fed farming decision support : EPFL, Switzerland.
- Cholatip Yawut and Aathapath Kilaso (2011) A Wireless Sensor Network for Weather and Disaster Alarm Systems : Bangkok, Thailand.
- Kuang, Y. L, Sung, J.H and Wen, T.S (2013) Mobile Monitoring and Embedded Control System for Factory Environment.Harold Timmis, Technology in action, Practical Arduino Engineering .
- Zahoor Ahmad, Ehsan U. Asad, Abubakr Muhammad, Waqas Ahmad, Arif Anwar, Development of a Low-Power Smart Water Meter for Discharges in Indus Basin Irrigation Networks : Lahore, Pakistan.
- M. Zennaro, A. Bagula, D. Gascon, and A. Noveleta, Planning and deploying long distance wireless sensor networks: The integration of simulation and experimentation, in Ad-Hoc, Mobile and Wireless Networks, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, I. Nikolaidis and K. Wu,Eds. Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2010, vol. 6288, pp. 191204. [Online].
- C. Mikeka,*, M. Thodi, J. S. P. Mlatho, J. Pinifolo, D. Kondwani, L. Momba, M. Zennaro, A. Moret, Malawi Television White Spaces (TVWS) Pilot Network Performance Analysis, Journal of Wireless Networking and Communications 2014, 4(1): 26-32