Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 226-230
Abstract – Security plays a vital issue in electing the right candidate. our project aim is to design a low cost, low power arduino based e-voting system that has a haptic touch screen interface coupled with an MP3 quality voice feedback for visually impaired people using the biometric method. one of the latest technology among people is touch screen devices like smart phones and tablets for its ease of use and natural user interface.Haptic feedback is the next step in touch screen which helps the user to feel the touch. The next design feature is an MP3 quality audio interface that helps the visually disabled voter, some of the vital information like candidate name, party name and symbol are displayed in the touch screen.Tactilefeedback combined with voice feedback helps the weak to operate the EVM on their own and vote their supporting candidate without any assistance. A 2.4 inch TFT touch screen LCD is used for the project. Image and voice files stored in aFAT-32 formatted 16 GB MICRO SD memory card. an MP3 decoder chip is used to play these voice files. The devices is anyones controlled by arduino ATM328 microcontroller that handles the graphics library for touch screen display.EFSL (embedded file system library)manages MP3 decoder chip and does all other tasks at significantly low power when compared to arduino UNO,arduinoMEGAetc..,arduino is a open source proto-typing platform for both hardware and the software. An arduino micro-controller is also pre-programmed with a boot loader that simplifies uploading of programs to the on-chip flash memory, compared with other devices that typically need an external programmer.
Keywords – Ardiuno-micro-controller,touch-screen biometric method,MP3 quality audio interface, formatted 16 GB MICRO SD memory card
- E.Dubuisetal.,“KonzeptundImplikationeneinesverifzierbarenVoteÉlectroniqueSystems”(inGerman), 21Feb.2012; www.bk.admin.ch/themen/pore/evoting/07977/index.html.
- L. Carter and F. Bélanger, “Internet Voting andPolitical Participation: An Empirical Comparisonof Technological and Political Factors,” ACM SIG onManagement Information Systems (SIGMIS) Database,2013, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 26–46.
- Diponkar Paul &Sobuj Kumar Ray, “A Preview on MicrocontrollerBased Electronic Voting Machine,” International Journal of Informationand Electronics Engineering, March 2013.
- Sheng Li and Alex C. Kot “Fingerprint Combination for PrivacyProtection,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security,February 2014.
- Sreenath.M, Sukumar.P, NaganarasaiahGoud.K, P.Sivakalyani&V.Phani Kumar, “GSM based electronic voting machine using touchscreen,” 10SR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering,June 2015.