Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 06 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 35-38
Abstract – Coverage is an important parameter in sensor networks. Traditionally the sensor has the disk coverage model. Disk coverage model uses a very simple symmetrical relation between a sensor and its surrounding space points. Disk coverage model are not appropriate for many practical application such as precision agriculture .We have proposed new model called confident coverage model based on field reconstruction .We use the numerical method called discrete approximation algorithm in confident coverage model to achieve the complete coverage in randomly deployed sensor networks .In this article we have analyze the sensor density to achieve the complete coverage .We can compare the critical sensor density in confident information coverage with new confident information coverage .The simulation result show the comparison which help to achieve the complete coverage in randomly deployed sensor network.
Keywords— Critical Sensor density, conﬁdent information coverage, sensor networks, random network deployment, complete coverage
- I. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Elsevier Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, 2002.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, “Wireless sensor network survey,” Elsevier Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 2292–2330, 2008.
- B. Wang, “Coverage problems in sensor networks: A survey,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1–56, 2011.
- X.-Y. Li, P.-J. Wan, and O. Frieder, “Coverage in wireless ad hoc sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 753– 763, 2003.
- F. Yan, P. Martins, and L. Decreusefond, “Accuracy of homology based coverage hole detection for wireless sensor networks on sphere,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 3583– 3595, 2014.
- S. He, X. Gong, J. Zhang, J. Chen, and Y. Sun, “Curve-based deployment for barrier coverage in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 724–735, 2014.
- F. Li, J. Luo, W. Wang, and Y. He, “Autonomous deployment for load balancing k-surface coverage in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless COmmunications, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 279–293, 2015.
- K.-P. Shih, H.-C. Chen, C.-M. Chou, and B.-J. Liu, “On target coverage in wireless heterogeneous sensor networks with multiple sensing units,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 866– 877, 2009.
- M. Cardei, M. T. Thai, Y. Li, and W. Wu, “Energy-efﬁcient target coverage in wireless sensor networks,” in IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2005, pp. 1976–1984.
- I. Cardei, “Energy-efﬁcient target coverage in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks,” in IEEE International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2006, pp. 397–406.
- Q. Zhao and M. Gurusamy, “Lifetime maximization for connected target coverage in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1378–1391, 2008.
- N. Wang, N. Zhang, and M. Wang, “Wireless sensor in agriculture and food industry-recent development and future perspective,” Elsevier Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2006.
- A. Camilli, C. E. Cugnasca, A. M. Saraiva, A. R. Hirakawa, and P. L. Corra, “From wireless sensors to ﬁeld mapping: Anatomy of an appli- cation for precision agriculture,” Elsevier Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 25–36, 2007.
- A. Nordio and C.-F. Chiasserini, “Field reconstruction in sensor net- works with coverage holes and packet losses,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 3943–3953, 2011.
- G. Reise, G. Matz, and K. Grochenig, “Distributed ﬁeld reconstruction in wireless sensor networks based on hybrid shift-invariant spaces,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 5426–5439, 2012.
- B. Wang, X. Deng, W. Liu, L. T. Yang, and H.-C. Chao, “Conﬁdent information coverage in sensor networks for ﬁeld reconstruction,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 74–81, 2013.
- B. Wang, H. Xu, W. Liu, and L. T. Yang, “The optimal node placement for long belt coverage in wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Computers (accepted for publication), 2013.
- P. Balister and S. Kumar, “Random vs. deterministic deployment of sensors in the presence of failures and placement errors,” in IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2009, pp. 2896–2900.
- P. Hall, Introduction to the Theory of Coverage Processes. John Wiley and Sons, 1988.
- H. Zhang and J. Hou, “On deriving the upper bound of -lifetime for large sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM international symposium on Mobile ad hoc networking and computing (MobiHoc), 2004, pp. 121–132.
- H. Zhang and J. C. Hou, “Is deterministic deployment worse than ran- dom deployment for wireless sensor networks?” in IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2006, pp. 1– 13.
- P.-J. Wan and C.-W. Yi, “Coverage by randomly deployed wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2658–2669, 2006.
- S. Kumar, T. H. Lai, and J. Balogh, “On k-coverage in a mostly sleeping sensor network,” Wireless Networks (Springer), vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 277– 294, 2008.
- H. M. Ammari and S. K. Das, “Critical density for coverage and con- nectivity in three-dimensional wireless sensor networks using continuum percolation,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 872–885, 2009.
- H. P. Gupta, S. V. Rao, and T. Venkatesh, “Critical sensor density for partial coverage under border effects in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 2374– 2382, 2014.
- S. Kumar, T. H. Lai, and A. Arora, “Barrier coverage with wireless sensors,” Wireless Networks, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 817–834, 2007.