Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 81-84
Abstract – Biodiesel is a fuel consists of alkyl monoesters of fatty derived from vegetable oil and animal fats. Biodiesel is produced by the transesterification reaction; in this process oil is mixed with an alcohol to produce glycerol, as a byproduct. This paper focus on using calcium oxide (CaO) as the catalyst which is a type of heterogeneous catalyst. The castor oil has high value of fatty acid which makes transesterification process become easier due to high solubility in methanol. The production of biodiesel has three processes namely preprocess main process and post process. Production of biodiesel from castor oil using bioreactor is studied and ethanol from grapes is obtained.
Keywords— Castor Oil, Glycerol, Methanol
- Chen-guang Liua, li-yang Liua, Yen-Han Linc, Feng-wubaia,b,(2015) “kinetic modeling for redox potential-controlled repeated Batch ethanol fermentation using flocculating yeast”Elseiver.
- Carina Svendsen, Thomas skov and fransW.J van den Berg (2014) “Monitoring fermentation processes using in –process using in-process measurements of different orders”.
- CerevisiaeS.Kudriavzevii and their interspecific hybrid F.Noe Arroyo-Lopez, Sandi Orlic, AmparoQuerol, elation barrio “Effects of temperature, pH and sugar concentration on the growth parameters of saccharomyces”(2014).Elsiever.
- Ravindrakumar raj.prof.m.k.koshta, Asst.prof.Atulsharma “A biogas production potential from kitchen waste” (2015) Elsiever.
- Nugrohoadisasongkoa. B, and RyozoNoguchia “Comprehensive evaluation of integrated energy plantation model of palm oil and microalgae based biofuel for sustainable energy production” (2014) Elsiever
- Deshpande D.P.1, Urunkary.d. And Thakare P.D. “Production of biodiesel from castor oil using acid and base catalysts” (2012) Elsevier.
- Ravindrakumar raj.prof.m.k.koshta, Asst.prof.Atulsharma “The status of used vegetable oil (UVO) biodiesel production south Africa” (2013) IEEE.