Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 104-106
Abstract – Massive MIMO systems that for a cellular network, the channel from user equipment to a base station is composed of few grouped paths in space. With a very large antenna array, signals can be observed under extremely sharp regions in space. In the FDD mode, each BS sends a downlink training matrix to its served UEs which estimates the desired channel based on the downlink measurements and feeds back observed CSI through dedicated uplink feedback channels. The Bayesian estimator does not require prior statistical knowledge of the channel responses, which is learned as part of the estimation procedure. The approximate message passing (AMP) algorithm is employed to obtain the Bayesian inference and an expectation–maximization (EM) algorithm to learn the statistical properties. By a proper design on pilot sequences, the proposed estimator leads to a much reduced complexity without the need of second order statistics. The proposed approach achieves much better performance in the presence of pilot contamination when compared to other conventional methods.
Keywords— MIMO, FDD, Bayesian Estimator, CSI, Downlink
- YAO Tianqi, LI Yong, “Pilot Contamination Reduction by Shifted Frame Structure in Massive MIMO TDD Wireless System,” IEEE Commun, Vol. 20, no. 3, June 2015.
- F. Rusek et al, “Scaling up MIMO: Opportunities and challenges with very large arrays,” IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 40–46, Jan. 2013.
- E. G. Larsson, F. Tufvesson, O. Edfors, and T. L. Marzetta, “Massive MIMO for next generation wireless systems,” IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 186–195, Feb. 2014.
- H. Q. Ngo, E. G. Larsson, and T. L. Marzetta, “The multicell multiuser MIMO uplink with very large antenna arrays and a ﬁnite-dimensional channel,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 2350–2361, Jun. 2013.
- A. Adhikary, J. Nam, J.-Y. Ahn, and G. Caire, “Joint spatial division and multiplexing: The large-scale array regime,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 6441–6463, Oct. 2013.
- H. Q. Ngo, E. G. Larsson, and T. L. Marzetta, “Massive MU-MIMO Downlink TDD systems with linear precoding and downlink pilots,” in Proc. Allerton Conf. Commun., Control, Comput., Monticello, IL, USA, Oct. 2013, pp. 293–298.
- J. Choi, D. J. Love, and P. Bidigare, “Downlink training techniques for FDD massive MIMO systems: Open-loop and closed-loop training with memory,” IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process., vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 802–814, Oct. 2014.
- X. Rao and V. K. N. Lau, “Distributed compressive CSIT estimation and feedback for FDD multi-user massive MIMO systems,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 3261–3271, Jun. 2014.
- H. Yin, D. Gesbert, M. Filippou, and Y. Liu, “A coordinated approach to channel estimation in large-scale multiple-antenna systems,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 264–273, Feb. 2013.
- H. Q. Ngo and E. G. Larsson, “EVD-based channel estimations for multicell multiuser MIMO with very large antenna arrays,” in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, Kyoto, Japan, Mar. 2012, pp. 3249–3252.