Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 128-132
Abstract – This paper presents an experimental investigation on machining parameters of AISI 4142 and AISI 4043 Steel. An attributes of work materials are extensively depends on the conditions of machining parameters. It was done by using design of experiments in the response surface methodology. Tests are conducted by varying the input cutting parameters like cutting speed (x1), feed (x2), and depth of cut (x3). Based on experimental work, the output factors are surface roughness, time take and power consumption to be measured. Optimization of cutting parameters is lead to good result and also for economical aspect. The optimized results are identified from the development of regression equation by using Mini TAB software. AISI4043 exhibits better results are achieved over AISI 4142 from the experiment interaction plots are developed each parameter in the machining work Mechanical Engineering, Sri Guru Institute Of Technology,Coimbatore,India.
Keywords— productivity, layout, manpower
- Machinability Studies of Low alloy steels by Face Turning Method: An Experimental Investigation-RajshekharLalbondre, Prasad Krishna, Mohankumar G. C.
- Machinability characteristics of lead free-silicon brass alloys as correlated with microstructure and mechanical properties-Mohamed A. Taha ,Nahed A. El-Mahallawy , Rawia M. Hammouda ,Tarek M. Moussa , Mohamed H. Gheith.
- Machinability of Multiphase Microalloyed Steel-V. Sivaramana, S. Sankaranb, L. Vijayaraghavanc.
- Effect of Cutting Conditions on Machinability of SuperalloyInconel 718 During High Speed Turning with Coated and Uncoated PCBN Tools-V. Bushlyaa, J. Zhoua, J.E. Ståhla.
- Machinability studies of austenitic stainless steel (AISI 304) using PVD cathodic arc evaporation (CAE) system deposited AlCrN/ TiAlN coated carbide inserts-Swapnagandha S. Wagha, Atul P. Kulkarnib, Vikas G. Sargade.
- Effect of heat treatment conditions on the machinability of Ti64 and Ti54M alloys-NavneetKhannaa, AinharaGarayb, Luis M. Iriarteb, Daniel Solerb, Kuldip S. Sangwana and Pedro J. Arrazolab.
- Comparing machinability of Ti-15-3-3-3 and Ni-625 alloys in UAT-A. Maurotto, R. Muhammad, A. Roy, V.I. Babitsky, V.V. Silberschmidt.
- Analytical Models for Tool Wear Prediction during AISI 1045 Turning Operations Aldo Attanasioa, ElisabettaCerettia, ClaudioGiardinib.
- Investigations on Mechanisms of Tool Wear in Machining of Ti-6Al-4V using FEM Simulation F. Zangera, V. Schulzea.
- Development of In-process Surface Roughness Evaluation System for Cast Nylon 6 Turning Operation-Bandit Suksawata.
- Daymi,A., Boujelbene, M., Salem, B. S., Sassi, H. B., Torbaty, S., 2009. Effect of the cutting speed on chip morphology and the cutting speed on the chip morphology and the cutting forces, Archives of Computational Materials Science. And Surface Engineering 1, Issue 2, pp. 77-83