Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 139-142
Abstract – This Paper deals with the study on emission of carbon dioxide from various emission inventories in an educational institution. Carbon dioxide is the chief greenhouse gas that results from human activities and causes global warming and climatic change. The burning of the organic materials in fossil fuels produces energy and releases carbon dioxide and other compounds into the earth’s atmosphere. Greenhouse gases can be emitted through transport, land clearance, production and consumption of food, fuels, manufactured goods, materials, wood, roads, buildings and services etc. A carbon footprint is the measure of the amount of greenhouse gases, measured in units of carbon dioxide, produced by human activities. A carbon footprint can be measured of an individual or an organization, and is typically given in tons of carbon dioxide equivalent per year. The study has been undertaken in the college campus in order to evaluate the amount of carbon dioxide produced and to suggest the remedial measures for the reduction of emissions as a part of social commitment.
Keywords— Greenhouse gas(GHG); Carbon Footprint(CF)
- Debrupa Chakraborty, (2013). “Energy and Carbon Footprint: Numbers Matter in Low Energy and Low Carbon Choices”. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, Volume 5, Issue 2, June 2013, Pages 237-243
- Hogne N. Larsen, Edgar G. Hertwich, November–December 2011, “Analyzing the carbon footprint from public services provided by counties”. Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 19, Issues 17–18, Pages 1975-1981
- Huijuan Dong, Yong Geng, Fengming Xi, Tsuyoshi Fujita. “Carbon footprint evaluation at industrial park level: A hybrid life cycle assessment approach Energy Policy”, Volume 57, June 2013, Pages 298-307
- Hogne N. Larsen, Johan Pettersen, Christian Solli, Edgar G. Hertwich. June 2013.”Investigating the Carbon Footprint of a University – The case of NTNU”. Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 48, Pages 39-47
- James Townsend, 12 November 2013 “Exploring the Applications of Carbon Foot printing Towards Sustainability at UK University” Journal Of Cleaner Production.
- Leticia Ozawa-Meida, Paul Brockway, Karl Letten, Jason Davies, Paul Fleming. 1 October 2013.”Measuring carbon performance in a UK University through a consumption-based carbon footprint: De Montfort University case study”. Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 56, Pages 185-198
- Leonor Patricia Guereca, Nathalia Torres, Adalberto Noyola. May 2013.”Carbon Footprint as a basis for a cleaner research institute in Mexico”. Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 47, Pages 396-403
- Stefania Proietti, Umberto Desideri, Paolo Sdringola, Francesco Zepparelli, December 2013. “Carbon footprint of a reflective foil and comparison with other solutions for thermal insulation in building envelope”. Applied Energy, Volume 112, Pages 843-855
- Trisha L.C. Moore, (September 2013) “Predicting the Carbon Footprint of Urban Storm Water Infrastructure”. Ecological Engineering, Volume 58, September 2013, Pages 44-51
- T.V. Ramachandra, Shwetmala. October 2012.” Decentralized carbon footprint analysis for opting climate change mitigation strategies in India”, Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, volume 16, issue 8, pages 5820-5833