Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ANALYSIS OF COMPRESSED CHANNEL ESTIMATION FOR MOBILITY OF OFDM SYSTEM
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 161-164
Abstract – The channel estimation in high mobility OFDM system is long standing challenging. Therefore proposed scheme uses Doppler spread information and estimates the data symbols during estimation process. To accurately estimate the channel some of the sub-carriers are used as pilot symbols, data symbols and remaining are used as unused symbols in OFDM modulation. Here adaptive estimators like Minimum Square Error (MSE) are used to refine the channel estimation, where the performance is better compared to the existing Least Square (LS), and MMSE method. The comb type pilot symbols used for the channel estimation. In addition, it is also shown that the proposed scheme is robust to high mobility.
Keywords— Maximum likelihood ,Least Square ,MMSE method, OFDM system, MIMO OFDM system
- Y. Mostofi and D. Cox, “ICI mitigation for pilot-aided OFDM mobile systems,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 765-774, March 2005.
- K. Kwak, S. Lee, H. Min, S. Choi, and D. Hong, “New OFDM channel estimation with dual-ICI cancellation in highly mobile channel,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 3155-3165, Oct. 2010.
- Z. Tang, R. Cannizzaro, G. Leus, and P. Banelli, “Pilot-assisted time-varying channel estimation for OFDM systems,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 2226-2238, May 2007.
- X. Ma, G. Giannakis, and S. Ohno, “Optimal training for block trans-missions over doubly-selective wireless fading channels,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 1351-1366, May 2003.
- W. Bajwa, A. Sayeed, and R. Nowak. “Sparse multipath channels: modeling and estimation,” IEEE Digital Signal Processing Education Workshop, pp. 320-325, Jan. 2009.
- W. Bajwa, J. Haupt, A. Sayeed, and R. Nowak, “Compressed channel sensing: a new approach to estimating sparse multipath channels,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 98, no. 6, pp. 1058-1076, June 2010.
- W. Bajwa, A. Sayeed, and R. Nowak, “Learning sparse doubly-selective channels,” 46th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing, pp. 575-582, Sept. 2008.
- G. Gui, W. Peng, and F. Adachi, “High-resolution compressive channel estimation for broadband wireless communication systems,” Internation-al Journal of Communication Systems, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 2396-2407, Dec. 2014.
- G. Gui, L. Xu, L. Shan, and F. Adachi, “Compressive sensing based Bayesian sparse channel estimation for OFDM communication systems: high performance and low complexity,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1-10, 2014.
- X. Ma, G. Giannakis, and S. Ohno, “Optimal training for block transmis-sions over doubly-selective wireless fading channels,”IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 1351–1366, May 2003.
- G. Taubock, F. Hlawatsch, D. Eiwen, and H. Rauhut, “Compressive es-timation of doubly selective channels in multicarrier systems: Leakage effects and sparsity-enhancing processing,”IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process., vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 255–271, Apr. 2010.
- G. Taubock and F. Hlawatsch, “A compressed sensing technique for OFDM channel estimation in mobile environments: Exploiting channel sparsity for reducing pilots,” inProc. IEEE ICASSP, Mar. 2008, pp. 2885–2888.
- D. L. Donoho, M. Elad, and V. N. Temlyakov, “Stable recovery of sparse overcomplete representations in the presence of noise,”IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 6–18, Jan. 2006.
- M. Elad, “Optimized projections for compressed sensing,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 5695–5702, Dec. 2007.
- E. J. Candes, J. Romberg, and T. Tao, “Robust uncertainty principles: Ex-act signal reconstruction from highly incomplete frequency information,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 489–509, Feb. 2006.
- E. J. Candes and M. B. Wakin, “An introduction to compressive sam-pling,”IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 21–30, Mar. 2008.
- X. He and R. Song, “Pilot pattern optimization for compressed sensing based sparse channel estimation in OFDM systems,” inProc. Int. Conf. WCSP, Oct. 2010, pp. 1–5.
- N. Jing, W. Bi, and L. Wang, “Deterministic pilot design for MIMO OFDM system based on compressed sensing,” inProc. ICCT, Nov. 2012, pp. 897–903.
- D. Wang and X. Hou, “Compressed MIMO channel estimation and effi-cient pilot pattern over Doppler sparse environment,” inProc. Int. Conf. WCSP, Nov. 2011, pp. 1–5.
- C. Qi and L. Wu, “Optimized pilot placement for sparse channel esti-mation in OFDM systems,”IEEE Signal Process. Lett., vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 749–752, Dec. 2011.
- Ramjee Prasad, “OFDM for Wireless Communications Systems”, Artech House, Inc. Publications.
- Ezio Biglieri, Robert Calderbank, Robert Calderbank, Anthony Constantinides, Andrea Goldsmith, Arogyaswami Paulraj, H. Vincent Poor, “MIMO Wireless Communications”, Cambridge Press.
- A. Petropulu, R. Zhang, and R. Lin, “Blind OFDM channel estimation through simple linear pre-coding”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 3, no.2, March 2004, pp. 647-655.
- D. Mavares Terán, Rafael P. Torres, “ Space-time code selection for OFDM-MISO system”, ELSEVIER journal on Computer Communications, Vol. 32, Issue 3, 25 February 2009, Pages 477-481.