Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ENERGY EFFICIENT COMMUNICATION FOR MIMO SYSTEM USING CUTE ALGORITHM
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 170-173
Abstract – Nowadays, the explosive growth of high data rate applications and high quality of service leads to high amount of energy consumption. So, energy efficiency has been considered as a main parameter in the wireless network.MIMO is used to reduce the problem of energy consumption. To conserve mobile terminals energy, the concept of slowing down the transmission rates is used in the existing system. But, slowing down the transmitter energy in turn increases the circuit energy. So the concept of mode switching from MIMO to SIMO is considered because circuit energy consumption of the SIMO is less than that of MIMO. In this paper, first we have analyzing the concept of mode switching by considering QAM constellation size, packet size and by using Conserving User Terminals Energy (CUTE) algorithm for the mode switching. The result shows that energy efficiency can be improved by mode switching.
Keywords— MIMO; constellation size; CUTE algorithm; energy efficiency; mode switching
- T. Yoo, R. J. Lavery, A. Goldsmith, and D. J. Goodman, “Throughput optimization using adaptive technioques.” [Online]. Available: http://eeweb. poly.edu/dgoodman/icc04modulate.pdf
- S. Cui, A. J. Goldsmith, R. Madan, and S. Lall, “Cross-layer energy and delay optimization in small-scale sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. WirelessCommun., vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 3688–3699, Oct. 2007
- Y. Sankarasubramaniam, I. F. Akyildiz, and S. W. McLaughlin, “Energy efficiency based packet size optimization in wireless sensor networks,” in Proc. IEEE Workshop Sensor Netw. Protocols Appl., Anchorage, AK, USA, 2003, pp. 1–8.
- S. Cui, A. J. Goldsmith, and A. Bahai, “Energy-efficiency of mimo and cooperative MIMO techniques in sensor networks,” IEEE J. Sel. AreasCommun., vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1089–1098, Aug. 2004
- H. Kim, C. B. Chae, G. de Veciana, and R. W. Heath, “A cross-layer approach to energy efficiency for adaptive mimo systems exploiting spare capacity,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 4264–4275, Aug. 2009
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization: Cambridge University Press, 2004,IEEE
- Kunlun Wang and Wen Chen, Senior Member, IEEE” Energy-Efficient Communications in MIMO Systems Based on Adaptive Packets and Congestion Control With Delay Constraints”,2015