Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : LOCALIZATION AND SEGMENTATION IN IVD BASED ON ANISTROPHIC FLUX METHOD
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 201-203
Abstract – In normal human beings the cause of legpain, back pain is due to mostly the damages of IVD(intervertebral disc).In existing method the accuracy of segmentation of ivd is less(85%).Now am going to improve the accuracy of segmentation using anistrophic flux orientation method in MRI(magnetic Resonance Imaging).An unsupervised intervertebral disc segmentation system based on middle sagittal spine MR scans is proposed. The proposed system employs the novel anisotropic oriented flux detection scheme is identified.
Keywords— Anistrophic Flux Method; IVD; Localization
- M. T. Modic and J. S. Ross, “Lumbar degenerative disk disease,” Radiology,vol. 245, pp. 43–61, 2013.
- H. An et al., “Introduction. Disc degeneration: Summary,” Spine, vol.29, pp. 2677–2678, 20012.
- P. Violas, E. Estivalezes, J. Briot, J. Sales de Gauzy, and P. Swider,“Objective quantification of intervertebral disc volume properties using MRI in idiopathic scoliosis surgery,” J. Magn. Reson. Imag., vol. 25,pp. 386–391, 2011.
- R. Niemelainen, T. Videman, S. Dhillon, and M. Battie, “Quantitativemeasurement of intervertebral disc signal using MRI,” Clin. Radiol.,vol. 63, pp. 252–255, 2008.
- S. Schmidt et al., “Spine detection and labeling using a parts-basedgraphical model,” in Int. Conf. Inf. Process. Med. Imag., 2007, vol.4584, LNCS, pp. 122–133.
- J. J. Corso, R. S. Alomari, and V. Chaudhary, “Lumbar disc localizationand labeling with a probabilistic model on both pixel and objectfeatures,” in Proc. 11th Int. Conf.Med. Image Comput. Comput.-Assist.Intervent., 2008, vol. 5241, LNCS, pp. 202–210.
- B. Glocker, J. Feulner, A. Criminisi, D. R. Haynor, and E. Konukoglu,“Automatic localization and identification of vertebrae in arbitraryfield-of-view CT scans,” in Proc. 15th Int. Conf. Med. Image Comput.Comput.-Assist. Intervent., 2012, vol. 7512, LNCS, pp. 590–598.
- B. Glocker, D. Zikic, E. Konukoglu, D. R. Haynor, and A. Criminisi “Vertebrae localization in pathological spine CT via dense classificationfrom sparse annotations,” in Proc. 16th Int. Conf. Med. ImageComput. Comput.-Assist. Intervent., 2007 vol. 8150, LNCS